Sign in to follow this  
lamarhooten

Goodwill Halloween finds

I pulled this out of the children's section today at my local Goodwill for $5. Does anyone have more info about it, like what is the green-hatted man with playing cards (?) patch supposed to represent?

1_thaitiger-1840x2453.jpg

thailand.jpg

snoopy.jpg

greenhatman.jpg

flag.jpg

Unfortunately they said nothing else got donated with it.

Very nice flight suit. The small guy with the hat represents the Phantom F-4.

Matt.

Collecting WWII and pre-war Air Corps items-Unit Histories,Uniforms,Medals and Groupings.

*Seeking Pre-WWII Air Corps Officers and Enlisted Dress Uniform items!*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Stopped at our local Salvation Army and Goodwill-nothing. Asked again about uniforms. Both said they cannot sell uniforms of any kind (though I have found a few stripped newer items at SA). Talked to an older worker who confirmed that when they get uniforms donated, they usually just throw them in the rag barrel.

They won't set them aside and call me either, already asked.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I pulled this out of the children's section today at my local Goodwill for $5. Does anyone have more info about it, like what is the green-hatted man with playing cards (?) patch supposed to represent?

1_thaitiger-1840x2453.jpg

thailand.jpg

snoopy.jpg

greenhatman.jpg

flag.jpg

I would expect you could expect a nice offer for that, perhaps very nice.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

snoopy.jpg

Great find! It was probably made in Thailand. I've seen that Snoopy on 34th TFS party suits before. (Jason at the Dog Tag has one for sale for reference) However their colors were red/black. I would agree that the Phantom guy is for the F-4. The 555th TFS had green colors, so it might be from them too. Regardless, that is an awesome piece.

"Sometimes the bravest meet death with their deeds known only to heaven." --S.L.A. Marshall

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

Found this 24th Infantry Division Officer's Dress Green Jacket yesterday. I had first found two pair of officer dress green pants back in the men's clothing section and I was thinking to bad I didn't find the rest of the uniform. As I was walking up to the check out I saw the patch sticking out on the Halloween rack.

Nothing to special about it. It has been stripped of all ribbons, rank and DI's but I did find the strangest thing yet that I've seen in the pocket of a goodwill find. A head of garlic with four extra pocket buttons.

post-131982-0-74955600-1446222789.jpg

post-131982-0-83021400-1446222880.jpg

Always looking for WW1 28th Division; anything, papers, field gear, uniforms, etc.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

A head of garlic...

That was part of an Army program to ward off vampires :)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

One store had 20 more of these for sale so had to get them! Already have 15 from earlier in the year. Good price but to hard and $$ to ship. Local collectors do not seem to interested when I had the at the last summer show. Might have to buy some uniforms just so these won't go to waste!attachicon.gifDSC05896.JPG

Are you coming to the Olympia show on the 14th? If so, I might be interested in one or two...

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

ALL the local GW stores here have people who get first grab on all military stuff. I know the guy who gets everything the nearest GW store gets. He buys it all, and nothing ever gets to the sales floor. I haven't gone into a GW in years except to once get some fabric for a non-military project...

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

Will be going to the Olympia show! Haven't been to it for a year or so. Cory C. wrangled me in to actually setting up at it. 2 tables and 2-3 racks of uniforms. Will bring afew of the 'uniform hangers'!

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.