A2 Jacket and some smalls

AverageJoeWWII

AverageJoeWWII

Went out looking yesterday and here's what I came back with....total spent....$55.00....Had a lucky day !! Excited and bummed at the sametime on the A2. Excited that I found one and it was $35.00 bummed cause when I got it home and looked at it, it had the blue,gold,red Army Air force SSI painted on the shoulder. The only thing left are a few traces of blue and yellow paint in a faint circle....More pics of it will be posted in the flight uniform section.

post-39781-0-62223700-1442788625.jpg

post-39781-0-57663800-1442788626.jpg

post-39781-0-22058100-1442788627.jpg

post-39781-0-88176800-1442788627.jpg

Think that was a decal, very typical to find most of it gone. They were applied to re-dyes if I recall correctly and that looks like a re-dye as well. Nothing to be bummed about, what's the tag say?

AverageJoeWWII

Thanks for all the comments... Not so sure it was a decal. I enlarged one of the photos bto zoom in on the blue that was left...magnified it looks like a glob on paint.Will see if I can post.

Still looks like a re-dye to me, and possible the decal was touched up with paint. The decals were applied only to re-dyesso that's why I'm thinking it was. In any event, I would try an original decal, they are usually cracked or will crack once wet and moved. That looks like goatskin as well, the jacket is worth a bundle as is providing there's no dry rot. Still wanna know the contract, pics of the tag please?

AverageJoeWWII

48Stars ...at work currently so can't post any pic's.. However thier is a thread in the aviation uniform section of the forum. I put lots of pics there including the label...what are everyone's thoughts on adding a decal ??? For or against ??? I be interested in opinions...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AverageJoeWWII

I know right !!! Talked to the estate sale mgr. two weeks later and he told me the family kept telling him it was not WWII and did not belong to the Father. He said he should have gone with his gut and priced it at $150.00......

I know right !!! Talked to the estate sale mgr. two weeks later and he told me the family kept telling him it was not WWII and did not belong to the Father. He said he should have gone with his gut and priced it at $150.00......

Even 150 would have been a deal.