Harian 1944 Assault vest, original?

WWII_GI

I may have just gotten this one, I'm a little unsure about it and I need more opinions, the blotchy date stamp is throwing me off. What do you guys think...

Thanks

-Steven

post-104606-0-14381200-1442725816.jpgpost-104606-0-67769900-1442725820.jpgpost-104606-0-56037900-1442725823.jpgpost-104606-0-13509500-1442725827.jpg

Could be real but then again looks like an ATF one, didn't they mark theirs Harian 1944?

few good threads here to reference yours against.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/247706-harian-assault-vest/?hl=%2Bassault+%2Bvest

That's what has me worrying, I'm pretty sure they did mark them Harian 1944. Well I've been looking around at a couple other Harian vests like the one in that thread and another one that forum member "GeneralCheese" had, and they seem to have a lot of similarities. The stamps are almost identical, and a few other little things seem right. Still wondering about this vest... Could it be?

Thanks

-Steven

could be mate. i hope it is.

there will be someone that will know more who will be able to give you a better idea.

maybe take some close up pics of the details like it the other threads on these vests.

This was BIN on ebay for $195.

Just odd the seller showed an old add with $950.00 as a price refferance then sold it for $195.

Stranger things have happened.Hope it works out

Thanks for the Input guys, Costa I believe the sizes were stamped right below the collar, looks like the size on this one is either faded or just not shown. Will have to take some closer pictures.

Thanks for all the help guys!

-Steven

DOESNT IT JUST STRIKE YOU GUYS THAT AN ITEM AS THIS IS HOT AND WOULD SELL FOR BIG BUCKS BUT, HERE YOU HAVE A GUY WITH A BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICE--- I SMELL REPRO.

The vest came in the mail the other day, I have been looking it over carefully and comparing it to other OD7 trim Harian 1944 vests that have been posted here. I'm feeling good about this vest, I will attach better pictures to be sure. Looks like the size is long worn away. The inside has a old surplus store price of $4.95! No other markings other than the makers stamp and date.

The lighting always makes the colors look a lot brighter, the colors aren't as different in person.

Thanks for looking!

-Steven

This looks like the real one listed and sold on ebay for $5300

Like Doyler said strange things have happen who knows if the guy was selling off his dad's, brothers, or friends collection or old military show stock and thats were the $950 price came from and the guy just saw they bring $200 for the reproductions not knowing is it was real or fake?

I have purchased higher end military item before at shows and shops for less price them common military items right next to each other in a booth or on a table it's odd.

Do originals have straps that have all different shades like this one?

The shades are a lot more drastic in my recent photos due to the camera and lighting, the original pictures show better on what the colors really look like I'm person.

-Steven

That is true, so this one came from eBay?

This vest that I got came off of eBay, the seller said he had owned it for many years. He owned a surplus store and this vest was an item that someone brought in and traded from something more "useful" it apparently sat on the rack in there where not many people looked at it or knew what it was. The magazine clipping is from a 1992 printing of the shotgun trader magazine and he said it fell out of one of the pockets when he was taking pictures.

If anyone would like to see any close ups or photos of the vest in natural light I would be happy to provide them.

Thanks

-Steven