Japanese occupation art ....Col Swett

phantomfixer

I have received several groups of Col Swett's military service, from named NRA medals from the 1920's to his WWII non named medals...he had several boxes of Japanese items...he was in Japan during the occupation, as I understand it...thought this was interesting as the year was changed from 1946 to 1945...I do not know why someone would change to date to reflect wartime Japan from occupation Japan...and it must have been 1946 as it is written in english for what I assume to be GI souvenirs...

post-155518-0-04445600-1442620021.jpg

post-155518-0-85493300-1442620028.jpg

different Swett then..Col Francis Swett was a Coastal artillery officer from the West Point... grad in 1917...competed in NRA matches, won several medals along the way, a few coastal artillery awards too

But way cool you did get to meet a MOH recepient....true hero

Just a thought, maybe they were trying to change the 1945 to 1946. Or it could have simply been a mistake... on 25 Jan 1945 we were still island hopping our way to Japan!

I believe there is a lot of Occupation art hanging in flea markets right before our very eyes without knowing about it.

Lately I have been looking for painted silk, and I am finding a fair amount of it. Landscapes are very common, especially Mt. Fuji.

However, yours is unique because it is labeled. Thanks for sharing!

That is a very good point...about the date..did not think of it that way....it is a very nice piece and I think it should be framed/displayed

thanks for looking