USMC Machine Gun Co. Tunic: What a Shame......

Eric Queen

Last

there is also a photo of the sweater but it's on my phone.

I never got a photo of the service cert but he read it to me and it listed 4th Brigade AEF

post-4618-0-12489600-1443220769.jpg

Thanks Duke for posting the images. The original photos are certainly worth getting IMO. The group photo is not a "yard long" but an 8 x 10 and the same one I have. I really don't think the damage is that bad. Framed I think it would look great and only the second I have ever seen of this company.

Love that Antrim pic. I have a good one with my 8th MG Co group as well as a yard long panoramic of the 8th Co if you want one Duke I can email you a detailed scan of it.

My Gawd, the drama....pretty hard on the seller for doing what a seller does.....working for the highest buck.

Was he shady? Maybe?

What about multiple collectors asking him to end the auction and throw it all in a trunk and send sight unseen for the "sake of history"? Nothing shady there?

Sounds your attention on the lot hyped his dreams for fortune and glory and he worked you two against each other, that's all. Report him? Come on....

Mike

Wow, sorry you see it that way. For the record on my side of this, I never asked the seller to end auction, and I offered above retail for what he sent pics of. And bid on 800 the roached out tunic in the hopes of keeping everything together. You don't see the seller as shady but that is??

Regarding the seller, if telling someone you'll sell them something then backing out while creating shill bidding is what "sellers do" then I guess we're all in trouble.

For what it's worth the guy thought individual postcards were worth 300 before I even asked about items so your assumptuon that collector interest drove prices up is incorrect. He thought he won the lottery before he got the first email.

I think as an honorable guy and Marine Officer, if someone had done the same to you, you'd be feeling a bit raw as well.

S/F

DM

USMCAviator, for one I don't appreciate your comment towards me in a public forum (Shady), reserve that for a time when you are in my face. 2nd, I did ask him (dealer) to end auction and sell entire contents, so that the group was not pieced out on EBay. I paid higher than HIGH retail to ensure the integrity of the group. And if this thread is so dramatic, then why read and comment?

Duke and I do not know each other, and we were clearly expressing our experience with this particular dealer.

Given that it was my dime, BTFO.

Semper FI