So I opened up a Miitaria Shop!

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

Some of you guys that know me personally know that I have been working on opening up a Military shop here in Michigan for the last 2 months. Thats part of the reason I have been selling off some of my nicer groupings and uniforms (believe me, i still have more than enough!) . I shared this on the USMF facebook page already, but i know a lot of you guys dont do the soclal media things.

I have a 50/50 partner in this venture. We are good friends, and work very well together. He has been doing this much longer than I have and really has a good handle on the German side of things, which is good because I still dont!

Ive been going to baseball card shows, gun shows, comic book stores, used book stores, antique malls, flea markets, etc my whole life, so this is a bit of a dream come true. I still have my normal job as a Dispatcher, so this is not a full time thing for me. I have to say, i took a lot of inspiration watching USMF's own Tarbridge put his new shop together, and also reading the article about Mr Jerry and his store. So far, 2 days in, its been a lot of fun and a couple of cool things have already walked in the door!

post-52765-0-39503900-1442535414.jpg

post-52765-0-03000500-1442535415.jpg

BigDogMilitaria

I have to mention, a special thanks to our own SpartyOn for finding the 2 tall cases and delivering them! It really finished things off for the store. This forum really is full of a bunch of GREAT people.

BigDogMilitaria

I love it!....good luck to you guys.....wish i were closer....mike

I think our buddy Troy made the first official store purchase on Saturday night. He called me when i was finishing up some cleaning and somehow bought a helmet from me that i had picked up about 3 hours beforehand!

BigDogMilitaria

In honor of your new shop, I have moved this to the "Dealer's" section. Good luck!

thankyou, i didnt quite know where it belonged.

Very nice. Like everyone else, I wish I was closer. Is everything in there original? I see some German uniforms and that Civil War uniform (or is it later). They must be pricey. Will you sell on ebay?

BigDogMilitaria

the diet cokes are an awesome touch - looks very good man. happy for you. sure wish I was closer.

Thanks! The pop cooler was one of our earliest ideas. Guys dont come into Militaria stores for 10 minutes, they stay for a while!

Good Luck Jason.

Now you get to learn about how much fun it is to be a dealer......

Thanks Bob. My plan was to come to ASMIC last week and introduce myself. But, had alarm installation issues. Maybe another time. Was hoping to pick your brain along with Mr Tarbridge!

Very nice. Like everyone else, I wish I was closer. Is everything in there original? I see some German uniforms and that Civil War uniform (or is it later). They must be pricey. Will you sell on ebay?

There are some repro tunics and helmets. Not on the US end , except for the CW uniform.

Where are you located?

Mt Clemens, which is about 25 minutes north of Detroit