So I opened up a Miitaria Shop!

Some of you guys that know me personally know that I have been working on opening up a Military shop here in Michigan for the last 2 months. Thats part of the reason I have been selling off some of my nicer groupings and uniforms (believe me, i still have more than enough!) . I shared this on the USMF facebook page already, but i know a lot of you guys dont do the soclal media things.

I have a 50/50 partner in this venture. We are good friends, and work very well together. He has been doing this much longer than I have and really has a good handle on the German side of things, which is good because I still dont!

Ive been going to baseball card shows, gun shows, comic book stores, used book stores, antique malls, flea markets, etc my whole life, so this is a bit of a dream come true. I still have my normal job as a Dispatcher, so this is not a full time thing for me. I have to say, i took a lot of inspiration watching USMF's own Tarbridge put his new shop together, and also reading the article about Mr Jerry and his store. So far, 2 days in, its been a lot of fun and a couple of cool things have already walked in the door!

post-52765-0-39503900-1442535414.jpg

post-52765-0-03000500-1442535415.jpg

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In honor of your new shop, I have moved this to the "Dealer's" section. Good luck!

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I love it!....good luck to you guys.....wish i were closer....mike

I think our buddy Troy made the first official store purchase on Saturday night. He called me when i was finishing up some cleaning and somehow bought a helmet from me that i had picked up about 3 hours beforehand!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Excellent! Congrats, well displayed and diverse!

***Items from unit called 8th Field Depot***

[Most frequently-sought unit because of family connection]

Intact ["out of the woodwork"] Marine Corps combat groups from WWII.

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Marine Corps valor recipient items.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

the diet cokes are an awesome touch - looks very good man. happy for you. sure wish I was closer.

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

It looks very neat and well displayed. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR PARTNER!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Forum Member #1691 since September 2007

Served in the US Army from 1960-80

First Sergeant (Retired)

Vietnam 1967 with 7-15th FA ~ [8"/175mm Gun] First Field Forces

Vietnam 1968 with 1-30th FA ~ [155mm] 1st Cavalry Division [AIRMOBILE]

President & Historian 30th FA Regiment Association ( WWW.HardChargers.Com )

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 30th Field Artillery Regiment in 2018

the diet cokes are an awesome touch - looks very good man. happy for you. sure wish I was closer.

Thanks! The pop cooler was one of our earliest ideas. Guys dont come into Militaria stores for 10 minutes, they stay for a while!

Good Luck Jason.

Now you get to learn about how much fun it is to be a dealer......

Thanks Bob. My plan was to come to ASMIC last week and introduce myself. But, had alarm installation issues. Maybe another time. Was hoping to pick your brain along with Mr Tarbridge!

Very nice. Like everyone else, I wish I was closer. Is everything in there original? I see some German uniforms and that Civil War uniform (or is it later). They must be pricey. Will you sell on ebay?

There are some repro tunics and helmets. Not on the US end , except for the CW uniform.

Where are you located?

Mt Clemens, which is about 25 minutes north of Detroit

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.