With a M-1945 or 44 pack, eating equipment packed?

Trooper B.A.R

The M-1928 Haversack had attachment for mounting the meatcan pouch. How were utensils, etc. mounted or packed for silence in a 44 or M-1945 pack? Thanks

The M-1928 Haversack had attachment for mounting the meatcan pouch. How were utensils, etc. mounted or packed for silence in a 44 or M-1945 pack? Thanks

They came with brown leather sleeves where you would put the utensils. I believe the meatcan pouch had slots for the utensils. I saw some of those sleeves a few weeks back, but the seller wanted way too much for them. I hope this helps.

http://www.soldusa.com/rainworx/detail.asp?id=32351&bigpic=0#img

They came with brown leather sleeves where you would put the utensils. I believe the meatcan pouch had slots for the utensils. I saw some of those sleeves a few weeks back, but the seller wanted way too much for them. I hope this helps.

http://www.soldusa.com/rainworx/detail.asp?id=32351&bigpic=0#img

Thanks. I was wondering since there are no straps on the M1945 pack for the meat cans and utensils pouch, how were the items carried when the 44 and M1945 Combat packs came out? Since a trooper didn't;t want to dig through his pack for these when they came across hot meals, how were they carried so he had quick access.

The utensils were carried inside of the mess and were ether wrapped up in a sock or handkerchief or what ever worked if the inserts weren't available to stop the noise.

General Apathy

Thanks. I was wondering since there are no straps on the M1945 pack for the meat cans and utensils pouch, how were the items carried when the 44 and M1945 Combat packs came out? Since a trooper didn't;t want to dig through his pack for these when they came across hot meals, how were they carried so he had quick access.

post-344-0-56705500-1442441400.jpg

Hi trooper, here's the instructions for packing the Pack, Field, Combat. 44 & 45, hope these help.

Lewis

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi trooper, here's the instructions for packing the Pack, Field, Combat. 44 & 45, hope these help.

Lewis

AH! yes. Thank you. Checking my pack I see the instruction. I don't see how I missed it, Thanks