(mostly early) Marine Corps recruiting media

SgtMaddoxUSMC

SgtMaddoxUSMC

I will also just say if anyone has any old booklets or ink blotters or ANY recruiting media, I am always looking to expand my collection! PM me and let me know what you have!

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Unsure of what this next one is... just slightly larger than a business card... perhaps something recruiters handed out? There is a less seen variation of the Marines' Hymn on the reverse (pre-1929 so this card has to be then or earlier - In 1929 Commandant John A. Lejeune changed the verse to the current "first to fight for right and freedom" that we are familiar with today) and a blank spot below (possibly for an office stamp?).. Really don't know. If you can ID this piece, let me know!

post-133515-0-54759200-1481042601_thumb.jpg

I love how they framed China as a vacation in a "travel series" reminds me of some of my posters where they have recruiting "parties" in WWI.

Thanks for sharing more

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Hahaha yeah right? Marine Recruiters - lying since Nov 10th, 1775! lol
Would love to see some of your posters sometime!

SgtMaddoxUSMC

"Vocational Schools of the U.S. Marine Corps"
MCPB 91912, 11-4-41 (400M.)
This was printed just about a month before the Pearl Harbor attack and is probably one of the last pre-war recruiting booklets (or pre-American involvement anyway).
Terry K. posted a variation of this one (MCPB 85796 dated June 2nd, 1941) on Page 3, Post #59.

post-133515-0-36434900-1481045671_thumb.jpg