(mostly early) Marine Corps recruiting media

SgtMaddoxUSMC

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Thanks Terry! One of these days I am going to have to revisit this thread and put everything in chronological order with some sort of image index for a quick reference. This thread grew a lot larger than I had originally expected!

• 4 months later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Been a few months, but I'm baaaaaack! Here a few I have acquired since February:

Windowcard MCPB 971 dated 2-3-42 (20 M. 433PB) - about 12" x 16"
post-133515-0-62008800-1466805410.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

My first poster... and it sure is big (60"x120"). I am not entirely sure it is an original because it is printed on regular paper. I thought it was a vinyl print when I purchased it but it is three large paper segments. Also there is no publication ID on it (which should appear on all documents). Don't know what year either, I think late 90's early 2000's? Check out my gear stand and chair in the corner to get an idea of just how massive this thing is!

post-133515-0-38704300-1467412094.jpg

That big poster is the real deal. I had one hanging in my old station is used to run. The thing has been there since I enlisted out of the office and 16 years later, still hanging up on the wall. Nice snag!

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation Gunny! And I only paid $20 for it! I guess technically this is my second poster... here is my first (and favorite) one (which I stole from over my recruiters desk).

post-133515-0-00876400-1467420210.jpg

• 5 months later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Alright guys, I know it's been a few months but I'm back with some more Marine recruiting stuff. First up is an old ink blotter, undated but looks to be 1920's:

post-133515-0-07547400-1481003442_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

This one is just like the one in Post #56 (on page 3 of this thread) but this one omits the LtGen rank insignia and instead of the Warrant Officer bar, a Tank Corps device is shown (which as far as I know was never worn by Marines but I have seen on a few other old recruiting pieces). Also some enlisted rank differences, one in post 56 has the correct ranks for the time, the ranks in this one are a little off, Sergeant is listed as Duty Sergeant, this one does not list PltSgt or SgtMaj. Date is the same as the other ink blotter too: 8-15-42

post-133515-0-32461800-1481005346_thumb.jpg