(mostly early) Marine Corps recruiting media

SgtMaddoxUSMC

The picture on usmf pg 18, page 9 of the last handout you posted appears to be the picture that was used for the WWI "Be a Sea Soldier" recruiting poster. Very cool, thanks for posting this stuff, love it!

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Glad you guys are enjoying it! Still have a few more to post! Seems to never end! Now I have to come up with some clever way to do an index to make them easy to look up.

• 5 weeks later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Back with some more. MCNPB 7-703-2100. (20M) dated 7-15-55 "Have you heard about the women in the Marine Corps Reserve?"
post-133515-0-35730900-1453253407.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

the coolest part of this one is the drawing that some Marine must have done on the back. I like to picture a bored private on recruiters assistance doodling in the office. You never know!
post-133515-0-68450000-1453255413.jpg

ViewfinderGyrene

Here is a large window poster (about 12x18) M.C.P.B. 71053 5M. dated 2-16-38.

attachicon.gifIMG_0004.jpg

I was following these like a hawk lol! Very nice score, Sgt. I liked the early Wake Island themed broadsides that guy had, Hated that they were all ending within seconds of each other...

SgtMaddoxUSMC

I know!!! I tried to get them all but just wasn't possible with them ending that close together! I hate seeing unique pieces like that slip away! I happen to be a very greedy collector hahaha

ViewfinderGyrene

I know!!! I tried to get them all but just wasn't possible with them ending that close together! I hate seeing unique pieces like that slip away! I happen to be a very greedy collector hahaha

I find myself the chairman of that board increasingly more often ;) Woulda been one helluva SET to frame side-by-side!

ViewfinderGyrene

Luckily I was able to land those Wake Island broadsides.

You got them all??? Or at least one of the few that had duplicates? Man what luck, Sgt....

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Y'know often when I bid on stuff like that, I wonder which of you guys I am going head-to-head with haha well glad they're "staying in the family" so to speak :D

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Here is one I was really excited to get (I have an interest in learning more about the Marine bands particularly their earlier days). This is M.C.R.B. 62588 dated 9-9-31 (5M). It is signed by then Band Leader Captain Taylor Branson.

post-133515-0-04485800-1453597751.jpg