U.S. Contractor Uniforms

Polygon

I just picked up a Desert Storm era three color jacket with name and company tape, saving this one for my collection. Anyone else run into other contractor military uniforms like this? Also, are there any photos of these uniforms in action?

post-187-0-74402600-1442359983.jpg

This Raytheon Field Support Representative (FSR) was probably attached to the Patriot missile systems. I wore the BDU as a DOD Civilian deploying with the 21st Theater Support Command (TSC) into Eastern Turkey during the "Northern Option"...early 2003.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw one for Lockheed on a popular auction site before - in BDU. I bid on it but someone wanted it more than I did. I have a couple contractor tops with private company logos but most I hare DOD Contractor, DA Contractor, USACE and so on. I have not seen any pictures of them being worn in-theater. Yours is a very nice example by the way. My examples are in storage and at some point I can dig them out and take some pictures. Thanks!

I saw a lot of them in-theater. I believe they were optional for wear by contractors and civilian personnel, some wore them and some didn't.

• 6 years later...

I found a picture of me deployed to Mardin, Turkey wearing full gear …helmet, flak, chemical mask in March 2003.  Gloves are hanging off my straps.  No weapon (M16 or M9)…weren’t authorized.  In the end, Turkey voted „No!“ and we eventually went back to Germany 

A5A8E45E-1820-4C6B-A77D-25F9D2E86FA0.jpeg