Trying to ID Ribbon - Is this a Foreign Award?

flakbait

Please see attached ribbon rack. Belonged to USAF officer who was a 3 war vet - WWII Pacific and Army of Occupation, Korea and Vietnam. Was also a Reservist as evidenced by his Armed Forces Reserve Medal (6th row down). The ribbon I am trying to identify is the third ribbon on the sixth row down. It's red, yellow and white stripes with a round "sun" or not sure what its called, added to the center of the ribbon.

Not sure if its a foreign award or a state (U.S.) award.

Would appreciate any assistance in identifying this ribbon.

Thank you.

I'd assume it's a Vietnamese decoration, as the ribbon to its right is the Vietnamese Armed Forces Honor Medal, given to US instructors and trainers of ARVN forces.

The "sun" is called a rosette. I would say the unknown ribbon was issued by the pre-Communist Chinese Government. The Order of the Cloud and Banner with Rosette.

Was the vet involved with the CBI Theatre, flying Tigers, etc?

Thank you Woodymyster - that's what it is, the national Chinese Order of the Cloud and Banner, 7th Award with Rosette. Veteran's family asked if I could help ID some of the USAF Officer's ribbons. 3 war vet - WWII Pacific (possibly CBI), Korea and Vietnam.

Again thanks for the assist.,

Not a problem

Since that is not a common foreign ribbon issued to US troops, It would be great if you could post more about the man here.