Pineapple Grenade Help!

CharliesYearOldYogurt

CharliesYearOldYogurt

I bought this at a flea market a few years ago

P1040942%20(2).jpg

I originally thought it was the body of a Mk 2 US pineapple grenade, then realized that the body was different to my other Mk 2. Lately I've been doing a little bit of research and I might think it is the body of one of the later variations of the failed Mk 1, but there are a few things in which are odd about the grenade.

P1040961.jpg

First off, there is a threaded hole in the bottom of the grenade, and the bottom edges are smooth (Not like the Mk 2), and if you look down the whole, it looks like someone stuffed some cotton inside the grenade. Sadly the camera couldn't pick it up but you can see it in the next shot.

P1040947.jpg

On the top of the grenade it looks like someone shoved some cotton down the top into the grenade. And even more crazy is that it looks like someone put a small tube to block out part of the threading so you can't put a fuse in the grenade.

Some images of my the grenade compared to the Mk 2

P1040975.jpg

P1040977.jpg

I don't know if it is a Mk 1 or Mk 2 for sure. For all I know it could be a French F1 or some Soviet grenade.

Please contact me if you needing more info, Cheers!

CharliesYearOldYogurt

(Now you can see photos)

I bought this at a flea market a few years ago

post-160237-0-77934300-1442282269.jpg

I originally thought it was the body of a Mk 2 US pineapple grenade, then realized that the body was different to my other Mk 2. Lately I've been doing a little bit of research and I might think it is the body of one of the later variations of the failed Mk 1, but there are a few things in which are odd about the grenade.

First off, there is a threaded hole in the bottom of the grenade, and the bottom edges are smooth (Not like the Mk 2), and if you look down the whole, it looks like someone stuffed some cotton inside the grenade. Sadly the camera couldn't pick it up but you can see it in the next shot.

post-160237-0-17421700-1442282309.jpg

On the top of the grenade it looks like someone shoved some cotton down the top into the grenade. And even more crazy is that it looks like someone put a small tube to block out part of the threading so you can't put a fuse in the grenade.

post-160237-0-52320100-1442282355.jpg

Some images of my the grenade compared to the Mk 2

post-160237-0-74370000-1442282147.jpg

post-160237-0-41358500-1442282407.jpg

I don't know if it is a Mk 1 or Mk 2 for sure. For all I know it could be a French F1 or some Soviet grenade.

Please contact me if you needing more info, Cheers!

The grenade in question is a MK2 frag that was converted into a cigarette lighter. The small threaded hole in the base was made to attach a stand to the grenade. What you're seeing in the fuse well is the lighter that's been broken off. The cotton inside was to hold the lighter fluid.

Your other grenade is a surplus store replica of a MK2 frag.