"Miles" of Silk Framed by Bullion- Bullion wing examples

mtnman

Interesting wing that came in a Group. I thought Italian but when I got the wing it was not what I had envisioned, the detail was incredible and different. Enjoy Ladies and Gentlemen Collectors!

post-76516-0-01167700-1442263826.jpg

Leaning toward Italy still but the Far East was a silk weaver's bastion and vault of talent. All supposition. Thanks everyone, for the replies, glad I could put some smiles on the faces of our forum members --- and a Sparkle in their eyes, Just like Mine!! --- Blessings as Always in Your Collecting Gentlemen and Lady Collectors and remeber ALWAYS, the HISTORY in proper Context of Right and Wrong, defines the Heroes or the Villains in War and gives meaning to our pursuits to preserve that history and gives value to History's tiny monuments which we are tapped with inner duty, to preserve.

The workmanship is stunning to behold.I would say Italy by the way the back looks.Scotty

AAF_Collection

I'm glad to see this beautiful wing went to a good home!. I nearly bid, but I got the other lot with the English and CBI made aircrew wings.

Matt.

Thanks so much all for your input. I will get the other wings from the set up when I get back from a Meeting probably next week. I have seen several bullion wings from the 15th Air Force and some from the 12th which struck the Nazis coming up the Italian boot, from the air. The Italian wings that I have seen, with the intricate and ornate workmanship of such splendid and concentrated effort, were simply stunning. I went straight to assuming an Italian make but vacillated a bit with the silk, I just didn't know if somehow an Asian artisan may have constructed this masterpiece. But when I think it through and I remember what I have seen, the elements of workmanship speak so readily to what I've seen the Italians do, especially the silver-ish gray U-shaped bullion "cups" coming down out of the shoulders' base and encompassing in the cup, the lighter faceted gold bullion wire. This is indicative of the visual exclamatory brilliance of the Italians' artisans US Army Air Force bullion productions.

Thanks for all your input gentlemen and lady collectors, please see the bullion liaison wing from the set that I already posted on the same day as this one. I thought it might have been damaged in the pallet of the shield because I saw fabric there but when the wing arrived and I saw it in the light with its brilliance, I saw that the fabric was actually black thread carefully and densely populated throughout the bullion in the pale of the shield to create an L for the fortunate liaison pilot who wore such a beautiful work of art.

Godspeed in all your collecting Ladies and Gentlemen collectors and remember, it is the history alone that gives any context of value to what we do, and that history interpreted by the proper Standard. May we be fortunate to be able to know a nation like America in her founding grace someday.

I was asked to present more Bullion Wings and so here we go. These are bullion wings I found preserved with the most evident care to maintain the original brilliance of the Silver and Gold radiance and the striking intricacy of the needlework. We Will start with the Liaison, Brit made...

post-76516-0-49160400-1443887713.jpg

Well Used in War but absolutely bursting wing bullion craftmanship. Notice the 2 types of bullion interchanged in the wing...

post-76516-0-48333600-1443888042.jpg

Gorgeous example of the unauthorized ariel gunner wing that one of the British companies manufactured before they knew the composition of the flying bullet on our ariel gunner wings which were authorized...Rare, delicate, intricate...Awesome to the eye of the Wing Man or Wing Woman....

post-76516-0-93706800-1443888248.jpg