Dealers: 9:00 AM
OVMS Members: 12:00 Noon to 5:00 PM

Friday October 2
Dealers: 8:30 AM
OVMS Members & PUBLIC: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Saturday October 3
Dealers: 8:30 AM
OVMS Members & Public 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
**Dealers are expected to remain completely set up until 3:00 pm on Saturday.  Not just present in the building - completely set up.  They may begin packing after 3:00 pm.

Sunday October 4
Dealer Move-Out Day
9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon Dealers & OVMS Members
from 12:00 Noon to completion - Dealers only.

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

We're hoping to see a lot of new faces at this year's MAX. No disrespect to the previous regime - they worked very hard to produce a quality show, and contributed greatly to the hobby of collecting militaria. The OVMS does plan changes, though it may take a few years to fully implement our vision for the show.

> One thing regular attendees will notice this year is that the table layout is completely different. This was done in an effort to squeeze as many tables into that show as the fire marshal would possibly allow. Even with this expansion, the show is completely sold out. (We're very pleased and excited by this.)

> We reduced table prices to be in line with the SOS. Further, to encourage attendance by collectors who just want one or two tables to sell extras from their collection, we opened up the 'action room' with 8-foot tables instead of 6, and sold those at the bargain price of $50 ea. This will be much like the 'back area' of the SOS - where everyone goes first because as buyers this is where we hope to find the the 'find of the show' deals.

There are other things that will be different / new / etc. with changes being implemented over the next year or two.

We sincerely hope to see everyone there!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I've always heard this show is primarily German Imperial and Third Reich. How much US militaria can be found at an average MAX show?

Frankly, I miss the days when it was described as "The Nazi Prom." I used to find US militaria there for peanuts.. but those days are long over. All of the dealers in recent years have been quite aware of the demand for better US items, and they routinely bring plenty of it to the show.

There is no way to accurately predict what the content of the show will be, since most active sellers try to have a constantly changing inventory, the contents of which depends on what they have picked up in the past few weeks or months. That said, there are of course a couple of guys whose tables I can envision in my mind's eye, and tell you pretty much every item they will have and where it will be on their table, since they have been toting the very same stuff to every show since the Eisenhower administration. For everybody else, though, you will just have to stop by and shop the show to know what is there.

As souvenirs of the defeated Third Reich comprises a large percentage of the collecting hobby, it is safe to assume that there will be plenty of it at the MAX, as there is at pretty much any military collector show.

It's a matter of math:

biggest war in human history

+

national, modern industrial production of uniforms, insignia, and accoutrements

+

defeated enemy had mountains of very diverse, colorful, and interesting things to offer as souvenirs to the victors

+

nearly every American GI returning home from Europe brought back multiple souvenirs

=

largest component of the militaria collecting community.

If that is not your* particular cup of tea (as it is not mine, either), just ignore it. There are plenty of other areas of collecting that are always well-represented. Like all big shows, there are normally lots of items for collectors of Japanese Swords, Italian uniforms, US insignia, Purple Hearts, Medal Groups, Civil War guns and swords, etc., etc. The OVMS President collects Spanish Colonial militaria from the War of 1898, and somehow even he usually finds something to add to his collection at the MAX.

*(in general, not Hessian specifically)

I've always heard this show is primarily German Imperial and Third Reich. How much US militaria can be found at an average MAX show?[/size]

There will be 993 tables of Militaria. ..Duward, there will be something for you also...but not if you don't come to the show.So...come on, it's a good time anyway.

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Just to clarify, as this is now an OVMS sponsored show, OVMS members get in free correct?

100% correct, and that's one of the primary reasons why we purchased the show. TWO major shows per year where your OVMS membership gets you free admission, plus the two Wilmington, Ohio shows. Our goal is to make OVMS membership a must-have for any collector of militaria.

A Few Tables Again Available at the MAX Show
As with any show, there are always a few last minute cancelations of tables. Even though the MAX is sold-out a few tables are again available, several even in the main hall A, if you act quickly. Call the OVMS office at 1 (513) 245-9540 and Greg will let you know what we have to offer.

Really looking forward to The MAX.....I'll have 3 full tables of US stuff in the side room.....groups, equipment, photos, etc. etc. Stop by and take a look.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

I'll be there Thursday... going to bring some good USMC stuff to sell, hopefully I'll be able to grab a table... Craig from OMVS told me today that the offices are closed but there may be a chance to get a table Thurs... Guess I'll roll the dice.

If anyone is going and looking for anything USMC specific let me know and If I have it, I'll load it up for you.

Just to alert anyone driving to the show from the west, there is serious construction work on I376 between I79 and the Fort Pitt tunnels. The state has announced a total shut-down inbound this weekend starting at 2100 Friday through Sunday. There are also nightly closures through this week that require ridiculous detours. This is the route from the airport to downtown Pittsburgh. Weather may postpone or cancel the work, but don't count on it.

Jim

donation2015.gif

Sgtdorango and I will be there Friday. Can't wait. This will be my first MAX back since the Charlotte mistakes. Glad to see this with OVMS as I know they put on a quality show and actually know how to manage an event. If this one is half as good as SoS, this will be another can't miss show that I add to my "have to be dead to miss it" show roster.

See you there.

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Great show, plenty of US stuff. I'd say 30-40% of the show is US.

Got to meet a few USMF members in person and saw some old friends.

I'm in Row "Q" table 13. Stop by and say hi.

Duward is right.A large portion of this show is US Militaria and the USMF is well represented. The new management of the MAX has done a great job and all in all...it's been a smooth transition.For us old coots who have been in attendance since you could buy Pharaohs chariot when it was still considered modern surplus. ..the table realignment has taken some getting use to...the flow is different and many are in other locations. But, this allowed the show to grow by 300 newly added tables. The show is successful and fun...A win -win for all.

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif