"Puddie Kat's" Japanese bring back

I picked this up a few weeks back at a Gettysburg PA antique store. Thought it would be a neat display stand for my USMC helmets.

In any event, this appears to be some kind of Japanese oxygen gear holder for pilots. I believe the Marine R.F. Coleman was wit the airwing as evidenced by the squadron insignia on the lid.

Pretty neat bring back made even better by the Marine's personalization.

post-4618-0-26895400-1442189926.jpg

post-4618-0-05501200-1442189927.jpg

post-4618-0-64373500-1442189933.jpg

I know the squadron insignia Duke, but cannot for some reason remember it at the moment.

By the looks of the inner diagram, the box originally contained a respiration system for Japanese aviators?

What's the history on the fellow who's name is on the lid?

***Items from unit called 8th Field Depot***

[Most frequently-sought unit because of family connection]

Intact ["out of the woodwork"] Marine Corps combat groups from WWII.

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Marine Corps valor recipient items.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

Duke another nice find. I believe that insignia has something to do with El Torro right? I love shopping the antiques stores in Gettysburg and I am envious. By the way, I have a small grouping to a George F. Coleman who was also in the Marine air wing WWII as a Corsair pilot. He brought home a Japanese flag with his squadron signatures on it. Wonder if he is a relation? Your helmets will look great on this box. Kevin

I am eagerly collecting Pre-WWII USMC material. Any Marine Corps Span Am era, WWI, Banana Wars, or China Marine related material is especially sought after.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif