ASMIC Show Finds

irish

Was quite pleased to get these pieces at the show this weekend. Out of a scrapbook belonging to a Nurse Officer stationed in Binh Thuy, and the Mekong Delta region. Binh Thuy sat on the Bassac River.

She was getting patches from the units in and around the Binh Thuy/Can Tho area. Mainly from patients at the hospital in which she was attached. Some pages have interesting write ups on the units..As you can see most are Navy units with a few support units mixed in, MP and SPS. Those support units were stationed in and around the Binh Thuy facility.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

post-758-0-58803300-1442164226.jpg

You did well. I love the provenance. Doesn’t get much better!
I too attended the show and found a few steals, including a WWII 2nd Inf Div SSI embroidered on twill for $20. It had sat all day on Friday before I found it. I was surprised at how few people were there as evidenced by the following picture.
post-105245-0-51471900-1442166102.jpg

. I was surprised at how few people were there as evidenced by the following picture.

Looks like a ghost town

Great assortment.I like the typed descriptions too.I'm wondering where the two 116th bullion pieces were made?[/quote

I would assume they were sourced locally, meaning in the Can Tho, Binh Thuy area. There was a large naval presence in the area and as such the locals catered to them with their crafts.

As you noticed both pieces are of similar construction.

The write ups and provenance was a real plus for me.

You did well. I love the provenance. Doesnt get much better!

I too attended the show and found a few steals, including a WWII 2nd Inf Div SSI embroidered on twill for $20. It had sat all day on Friday before I found it. I was surprised at how few people were there as evidenced by the following picture.

attachicon.gif ASMIC 2015.JPG

There were some great buys to be had if you looked. Sounds like you did well.

The attendance ebbed and flowed the whole show. When you eliminate the people who dress up in 3rd Reich garb or like Joan of Arc it does effect attendance.

Instant Navy collection for TF116......the real gem is the RD 574 which is a construction variant that I haven't found yet.

super collection, nice find. Perhaps the convention being on a Thursday an Friday is what held attendance down, had it been the week end i might have made the drive, other wise I would have had to take three days off.

vintageproductions

Jack that Soul Patrol and the bullion medical were screamers. That whole album was cool.

We were busy all day Friday and barely got to walk around on Saturday, except to go to restroom. Maybe the photo should have been taken of the other side of the hall?

Plus the show was Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday.

Ah, the horde hath descended!

Great find on that scrapbook. It is so well done, I wonder if it was a presentation item. I mean, who would have the time to put something like that together on top of their regular duties as a nurse?

Jack that Soul Patrol and the bullion medical were screamers. That whole album was cool.

We were busy all day Friday and barely got to walk around on Saturday, except to go to restroom. Maybe the photo should have been taken of the other side of the hall?

Plus the show was Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday.

Thanks Bob, the photo you posted was more representative of the show. I had tried to get over and visit a couple of times but the throng around your tables never let up. Got to talk to John Conway a bit but that was all.

Sales were great and managed to spend every penny of it. Great show.

Instant Navy collection for TF116......the real gem is the RD 574 which is a construction variant that I haven't found yet.

Thanks Steve, was pleased with that one myself.

• 2 weeks later...

In the picture of the" ghost town' you see the Kellers taking photos of my display for their next book,and also Al Orowitz standing by his terrific armor display that was worth the trip to see. My guess is that this was taken near the end of the show on SaturdayBob's photo of his table is more accurrate of activity especially early on for the show. Mort