1920 EM Cover EGA

2/4 Marine

I saw this on eBay and noticed that it had a very interesting retaining pins on the rear of the emblem. Could someone let me know what style of cover that this was used for and era. For some reason it's not allowing me to add the photographs, here is the eBay number 351494768213 Thank you for your time.

It's a repaired 'Ronson' style emblem. Either the post snapped off and the Marine opted for those pins, or the post was intentionally removed and the pins added for conversion to a sweetheart piece. Seems like the washer was intentionally placed there. There were sweetheart versions of this pin produced with a straight-pin and a disc intentionally placed on the back of the globe, but I don't see any signs of it ever having a straight-pin, so I am going to lean towards a uniform item converted to a sweetheart pin

Here are the photos for longevity. Once you reach 5 or 10 posts, the forum should start allowing you to upload photos, I can't recall the number set by default

$_57 (1).JPG

$_57.JPG

The actual "model" date may actually overlap other known periods, I've read this was in use as early as WWI

It's a 'Ronson' since it was a model made by the Ronson Company. Yep. the same one known for it's quality cigarette lighters.