112th INF, 28th ID Germany Ike

heftaa01

Got a tip from fellow member Longbranch on a great find on Ebay this week. A pretty normal looking Ike Jacket for 28th ID listed for cheap with blurry pictures. When the Ike arrived today it was much better than expected, and will make a welcome addition to my ever expanding 28th ID collection.

Thanks to Longbrach for looking out for a fellow collector!

post-88120-0-03176400-1441909342.jpg

Close review found German made DI's, Zipper modification, and Ribbon bar and PUC.

post-88120-0-32172200-1441909526.jpg

Hi,

very nice Ike jacket, and great help from fellow member ;)

Do you know what is the ribbon on the right?

Thanks for sharing

Regards

Junior

The ribbon on the right is the WW1 German Occupation medal. There are some WW2 uniforms that have that in place of the 40's issued one.First time I've ever seen both worn together.

Hi Firefighter,

thanks for your help.

I thought also that it was the occupational of WW1 but then it would be really strange on the jacket, since there are no European campaign ribbon?

and after looking a bit the colors of the ribbon do not exactly match the medal's? here's a pic of the actual medal:

WWI_Occupation_front.jpg

Regards

Junior

This is a nice 28th Jacket that dates from the time in Germany during the early 50's. The jacket itself is probably a WWII one, but the stripes and placement of crests are all postwar. The other ribbon in question does not appear to be the WWI Army of Occupation - the confusion on these is usually in the late WWII period.

If I had to guess, it's likely a state ribbon from the national guard or an organization of some kind.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say there is no way, that is a ww1 occupation medal. As for what it is i am unsure i did a good bit of hunting and can't seem to register what it is. Would be interested if someone knows