odd LBT-6094A Plate Carrier

Ben@HI

got this from a friend and he said he got it off an AFSOC guy. its odd because of the extra routing loops on the shoulders as ever other 6094 I have found had them on the shoulder pads not the straps. it also has some other uncommon features like the strange over sized radio pouches and the lack of the diagonal or vertical MOLLE loops at the top of the front and the snap straps at the bottom of the front. I know some of these features are earlier like the missing MOLLE loops and the snap straps but I have not seen the extra routing or this type of radio pouch before. does any one know what time frame this was made and if it was AFSOC specific?

post-100928-0-11260100-1441843520.jpg

post-100928-0-04689600-1441843534.jpg

Wish I could give you an answer but I have no idea. Might be worth sending LBT an email, maybe they could give you an answer. Great carrier anyway!

I took it over to London bridge on Saturday and was told it was a 1st gen 6094 but they said that there was an even earlier version that had trim all along the edge. guess I have something new to look for now :o

I am guessing your AFSOC friend is either CCT or TACP?

This plate carrier is designed for dual communication (operator carrying two radios). The loops are for holding radio antennas.

Very nice find.

Even if I make a high offer or if I trade your body armor with a New with tags and still sealed Arc'teryx Alpha jacket crocodile color? Thanks

Couger, If you want to try and work items away from people who are posting them to share please do it though Privet Message. Thanks on behalf of the forum.

he's new and probably didn't read admin post about PM'ing offers. I probably should have PM'ed him no the first time but I was lazy.

anyways my friend got it from the AFSOC guy, my friend is not AFSOC, he's actually another surplus dealer but I will see if he knows what the original owners job was. I will probably end up over at his shop tomorrow and I will ask him then.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ben, did you find out a mfg date on your LBT6094A? I wonder if this is a prototype. I have one that is Coyote Brown, dated 2003. Yours looks older. Looks like yours has separate interior plate bags and the shoulder pads, MBITR pouch look different. Also, mine has a admin pouch on the inside of the front panel and looks like you're missing the inside belt/velcro strap thingy.

Do you know when LBT started making the 6094?

Here's the tag on mine. I'll try to take some other pictures.

original.jpg

from what I understand they started making them around 1999-2001 and the first gen ones like mine did not come with shoulder pads, it has a bag on the inside but its way to small to be a plate pocket. yours is probably a early second gen, they had vertical molle loops on the side at the front top like the 1st gens but the snaps are at the bottom of the cummerbund flap not on straps like the first gen, also the 2nd gen had shoulder pads. mine is not a prototype just really early, the prototype was made in an off green / tan? I saw a picture of one on another forum when I was trying to find info on mine, it also looked like it did not have a tag. to this day a lot of LBT made prototypes don't have tags, that being said a lot of stuff they make especially small pouches don't have tags either.

I looked closer on mine and the tag is from 2008. So, I think mine is a later gen 1.

large.jpg

2008 label

large.jpg

inner velcro strap, which is not on the gen 2

large.jpg

Inner admin pouch

large.jpg

they started making the prorotype back in 2005, after mark owen came from iraq where he was working with delta guys. if you see prototype version is very similar as paraclete HPC but with few differences. As ben said, prototype version was with binding tape, but lbt stopped using it cause it had lot of problems. this version is from 2006 and was issued to 24STS and DEVGRU guys. You can see lot of pics from mark owen in iraq using this vest in iraq back in 2006