Todays Flea Market Finds

I'm guessing the stenciling of O-5211 is like the laundry mark on the inside of some WW2 era uniforms. I also found a multicam cap made by Propper which I have a question about. Are they strictly commercial or could military personnel buy these at the PX?

post-1389-0-41894500-1441585140.jpg

post-1389-0-34196200-1441585222.jpg

donation2008.gif

The last thing I found were two CIBs. This is the first time I've found a smaller one that was pin back. They were 6 dollars as the seller didn't bother to look on the back and see the sterling mark on the larger one as he would not have let it go for 3 dollars.

post-1389-0-28536600-1441585384.jpg

post-1389-0-52500000-1441585431.jpg

donation2008.gif

There are some stamping on the inside of the shell.

looks US judging by the rivets

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

The Propper hat is a definite commercial item. The little Multicam tag and the blue Commercial Propper tag are a giveaway.

I can't read the label but I will bet it say Made in Dominican Republic. While Propper is a military contractor with US plants, virtually all their commercial sale stuff is made by a separate division that sews it all overseas, mostly in DR. That wouldn't be sold by AAFES either, but could be offered by shops off post and bought by Soldiers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.