Arizona Military Museum (Picture Heavy!)

WW2JAKE

thought id post some pictures from the Arizona Military Museum, sorry for some not so good pictures, dealing with glare, small spaces, and a phone camera. but heres some pictures...

post-125364-0-22728600-1441582277.jpg

the chains from the USS Arizona
post-125364-0-31470500-1441582279.jpg

Hey Jake where is this located, I might have to visit next time I'm down

Located at Papago Park Military Reservation

5636 E. McDowell Rd., Phoenix, Arizona 85008-3495

(Entry at Main Guard Gate)

have ID ready and ask the guard to direct you but its an easy find

Thanks for posting. It is very likely the wife and I will be visiting Phoenix in the next year or two. Looks like a neat little museum.

Thanks for posting. It is very likely the wife and I will be visiting Phoenix in the next year or two. Looks like a neat little museum.

ill see if a friend of mines museum will be back up and running by then

Great thread, thanks for posting it all.

I love their variety and the fact that they have a ton of weapons displayed.

The Huey gunship is the coolest thing tho - you just don't see those early Huey's on display in any configuration, let alone a gunship.

Great thread, thanks for posting it all.

I love their variety and the fact that they have a ton of weapons displayed.

The Huey gunship is the coolest thing tho - you just don't see those early Huey's on display in any configuration, let alone a gunship.

yeah just watch your head on that 2nd floor :wacko:

i should add that if anyone is wanting to go they are open 1pm to 4pm

and if you happen to hear a sound that resembles god striking you down... that would be the artillery cannon on the opposite side of the wall of the huey... the room amplifies the sound... although it looks like it shouldnt be fired, they still do... found that one out the hard way

Cobra 6 Actual

Thanks very much, Jake. Was teaching out there several years ago and wandered over to the Museum during an afternoon break ... Ended up going back each break for the rest of the week.

The whole idea of putting POWs, who were German submariners, there and then the resulting prisoner escape somehow struck my imagination ... and led me to a sidebar quest for more info. Quite interesting. Again, thanks!

Thanks very much, Jake. Was teaching out there several years ago and wandered over to the Museum during an afternoon break ... Ended up going back each break for the rest of the week.

The whole idea of putting POWs, who were German submariners, there and then the resulting prisoner escape somehow struck my imagination ... and led me to a sidebar quest for more info. Quite interesting. Again, thanks!

the "not so great escape" is actually a pretty humorous story in my opinion