Ohio

peterson45

• 2 weeks later...

Heading to Columbus for a few days, and probably Dayton for the Air Force museum / MVMHM if possible. I hit up a few of the vintage clothing stores in C-Bus last time I was there, but does anyone have any other leads for the area? Hopefully the Springfield Extravaganza will be a fruitful endeavor, but it won't keep me busy the whole time I'm there!

Back in the day Hartville Flea market was a reasonable picking ground. Memorial day it's absolutely monster - you're better off parking half a mile or so away and walking/biking out.

Akron has one surplus sture, it's usually a bust. There was also a surplus store in Twinsburgh, again a bust. I never found one in Cleveland, but then again never particularly looked. The gun shows in NE Ohio usually had a reasonable selection and I've found some nice items there.

Compared to Arizona, OH had far more good finds at flea markets and thrift stores. Usually price was the limiting factor. Reenactment flea markets were loaded with great original finds! Happy hunting.