Major Allen - SF - 82nd Airborne - Pathfinder - Vietnam

Andrei

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Special-Forces-Vietnam-Era-MAJORs-OG-107-Shirt-Exposed-Buttons-BADGED-/371430278703?hash=item567af8462f

I know that someone here has a large grouping of this officer in his collection. I could not find the original thread and I would like to let him know about that shirt in case he would be interested to add it.

I too had a nice OG-107 shirt from this officer's estate.

PS: I am not the seller ;)

Chuck A Allen???

The shirt and trousers I had in my collection were big size. I've seen pictures of major Chuck Allen and he looks too be a big boy so it could have been his garments.

• 5 months later...

It was a ebay item and I posted the images for the thread.I did not own the items.

Regards, Robert

Hi All,

I ve got a contribution to this topic. This is my HUGE 1st pattern tropical shirt belonging to Major Charles A. Allen. Both seen....Ranger and Pathfinder qualified!

NOTE the configuration of the us made subdued pathfinder patch next to the Master jump wings

Zirni

post-157610-0-53914800-1457389526.jpg

post-157610-0-88800800-1457389553.jpg

When was that?

About March 67.

I was already on orders for JFK Center.

A couple of us got sent to take the test while in Inf AIT at Ft Gordon.

• 1 year later...

I wonder why no CIB, he was an infantry officer, more over seems all SF officers got CIBs, even if their branch was not infantry, I source the large amount of Command & General Staff College yearbooks I got that show SF officers from all sorts of different branches, even Finance, with CIBs.

• 1 month later...

292507831581 on the bay.

More of his stuff. Maybe someone can pull pictures of the grouping?

Best regards

M

Got it.

post-34986-0-93918800-1522853873_thumb.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grouping-of-items-to-Special-Project-Delta-Detachment-B-52-5th-Special-Forces/292507831581?hash=item441ad34d1d:g:M2wAAOSw1R1awZL5

post-34986-0-63103600-1522854354.jpg

It's interesting t note that we now see a CIB, a cloth theater made one, and the card, strange as to why he wear none in the photo or are seen on the other uniforms.

I am the seller of the Allen items. I bought almost everything of his from his widow. Except all of the uniforms which had already been sold at the Fayetteville flea market. None of his uniforms in his photos have a CIB. Even the ones in Vietnam. And he had 3 tours on the ODA and ODB level, silver star, bronze star, 20+ air medals w/V device and so on. There were hundreds of pieces of loose insignia, theater made and us made, rolls of Bevo wings etc. I found a photo of some of it. THere is a CIB in that photo and I think there are a couple of metal ones. But it isnt uncommon to not see them on uniforms. I dont wear any skill badges on my Multicams. Just a personal preference. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. What I am selling now was some leftover items I didnt remember having and didnt sell with the main group.

post-505-0-11241700-1522896490_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I ve got a contribution to this topic. This is my HUGE 1st pattern tropical shirt belonging to Major Charles A. Allen. Both seen....Ranger and Pathfinder qualified!

NOTE the configuration of the us made subdued pathfinder patch next to the Master jump wings

Zirni

attachicon.gif20160302_181531 (Copy).jpg

attachicon.gif20160302_181546 (Copy).jpg

I wonder when he wore this uniform?

v/r

Jim

Sorry to ask but why do you need to write in the thread that you dropped Dave a PM?

Will see if I can dig up some old pictures of the engraved Japan marked SF dagger.

Regards

Martin

Not sure why you'd ask. Not obligated to answer.

With that said I wanted Dave to be aware that I have sent him a private message. Nothing more. Nothing less.