CAP items found this weekend

FIGO40

Hi All,

I am new here and posted this on another thread before I realized this was here. I found this at a garage sale and was it came from an estate. i only purchased what you see here as a package deal. I am looking for any help identifing what I have.

Thanks

post-3770-1218387595.jpg

Hi All,

I am new here and posted this on another thread before I realized this was here. I found this at a garage sale and was it came from an estate. i only purchased what you see here as a package deal. I am looking for any help identifing what I have.

Thanks

The CAP letters embroidered on cloth were worn on fatigues collars (green background) and the ones on blue background were worn on both fatigues and the old blue jumpsuit. I believe the white on blue types are still being used. The 3 bladed prop in the white triangle on a blue bisc (small patches), used to be worn on overseas caps by senior members (adults), back in the days when CAP wore Army uniforms in the 1940's. The name tapes are modern as is the small hat device (eagle with scroll). I can't tell from the photo what size the latter is, but the smallest size is worn on flight caps, (that's an overseas cap to those of you who are not familuar with the name "flight cap"). You have several obsolete CAP ribbons, but I don't have my references here at work with me, so I can't ID them all. The orange one with the wiggly lines is the Grover Loening award (old design), awarded to senior members. The blue and red ribbon is the Cadet recruiting ribbon. Any CAP ribbon with a propellor on it, is worn with one blade pointed straight up. The old buttons that are all silver are the original CAP buttons used from 1941 till the mid 1950's. The enameled round badge with the winged prop is the Cadets enlisted rank flight cap badge. There is a cloth version of that also.

The CAP letters embroidered on cloth were worn on fatigues collars (green background) and the ones on blue background were worn on both fatigues and the old blue jumpsuit. I believe the white on blue types are still being used. The 3 bladed prop in the white triangle on a blue bisc (small patches), used to be worn on overseas caps by senior members (adults), back in the days when CAP wore Army uniforms in the 1940's. The name tapes are modern as is the small hat device (eagle with scroll). I can't tell from the photo what size the latter is, but the smallest size is worn on flight caps, (that's an overseas cap to those of you who are not familuar with the name "flight cap"). You have several obsolete CAP ribbons, but I don't have my references here at work with me, so I can't ID them all. The orange one with the wiggly lines is the Grover Loening award (old design), awarded to senior members. The blue and red ribbon is the Cadet recruiting ribbon. Any CAP ribbon with a propellor on it, is worn with one blade pointed straight up. The old buttons that are all silver are the original CAP buttons used from 1941 till the mid 1950's. The enameled round badge with the winged prop is the Cadets enlisted rank flight cap badge. There is a cloth version of that also.

Thanks for the reply, would it be safe to say these are from WWII era? And do you know where I could get more info?

Frank