10th SFG Trojan Horse Beret Badge. Has anyone seen one like this?

Eric Queen

I (limited knowledge) have not seen one like this myself. The construction is different that what (I) would normally associate with Eichmann made badges from the mid 1950's.

Does anyone have one like this (or have you seen one like this)?

I am quite comfortable that it is German made and from the period. This type of pin and roller lock are seen on a number of German made DUI's from the occupation period. My question is, who made it. Could it be Eichmann or something Eichmann sourced through a third party local supplier?

Thanks for the help.

msg-3953-0-21683200-1440635895.jpg

Here is an example of what I (again, with limited knowledge) would refer to as the "best known" Eichmann badge.

post-3953-0-93582000-1420558258.jpg

Thanks Robert. I have not seen one either. Here is a 321 GFA DI from the period made by Assmann. Very similar pin and locking device.

$_57 (1).jpeg

Thanks Tonomachi. Is there a chance you can post a pic from the catalog or do you know how to obtain one?

Sorry but I didn't keep any of their catalogs. Their full name was Fox Military Equipment Company, PO Box 452, Hinsdale, IL 60522-0452.

vintageproductions

I remember the FOX ones and I thought they were different.

Would sure like to see the images from the catalog.

Eric...I have quite a few over the years...but not with locking catches...

That is a very "U.S." locking catch. Wouldn't expect to see it on a badge made in Europe.

I found parts of two different Fox Military catalogs that I apparently kept as I thought I had thrown them away a long time ago. However the photo of the 10th SF Grp beret badge is poor. In addition Bob is the expert on these badges so I could be mistaken.

post-1389-0-08826600-1441327885.jpg

post-1389-0-04779100-1441327909.jpg

Thanks. Concur that it is probably difficult to tell from those images. Would have to see clear photos of the reverse.

The piece that started the thread does not really look like a $10 piece to me but of course could be wrong.

Thanks again for the responses. Does anyone have one like the one posted? Has anyone seen one? Thanks again.