WWII ID Iwo Jima 1st pattern pack

usnavy1944

This pack was used on Iwo Jima and the owner of the pack was Herbert J Schmaltz of the 4th Marine Division JASCO KIA, he had been buried in Salem Oregon, on the pack had his name and two other Marine names, one was RC Moyer that I could not find anything on, the next was to faded for me to read, I got this pack a couple of years ago at a Army Navy Store right here in Orange county, I had no idea how rare the pack was until I posted it on a Facebook page, after that I decided to do some research on the guy, anyways I ended up selling the pack for an extremely low price along with some other really nice stuff Which was orignial USMC P41 pants and a MINT WWI canteen cup and cover, hopefully I can get another one of these packs, but nothing in my collection will ever be as good as this...post-159221-0-56858000-1441070341.jpg

Thank you guys, and I'm crossing my fingers it will turn up again. Also Doyler I haven't really thought about that, I always thought maybe a guy in combat needed a new pack and got it off someone, but your idea makes a a lot more sense then mine.