Kevlar helmet

MattOravik

I have this enroute to me. I hope it's a decent one. There wasn't a very good description but it said the markings are stamped inside. Not mentioned was the KIA(?) card or the writting on the cover band. It will be interesting to see what they say.

post-137-1218338542.jpg

post-137-1218338565.jpg

post-137-1218338572.jpg

Nice kevlar! I've been waiting to get my hands on one...seen a couple nice ones go on ePay, but I'd rather get one with history behind it. Still waiting...my brother in law gets out in 2 more years and he has promised me all his stuff, devil.gif

I got the helmet today so here are some better pics. Any thoughts? I think it may have been some kids play helmet. The band has 'ENOS stormtroopers of death' written on it. And on the cover itself, 'SOD' and 'Hell awaitts'. 2 t's in awaits? The KIA card obviously isn't real, but I don't know what it's from. The helmet itself is real so that's good. I only paid $25 for it.

-Matt.

post-137-1218651178.jpg

post-137-1218651196.jpg

The card comes from the MILES equipment system. When you would get hit with a MILES laser during training, they had to have some way to assess you, so the OCs would give you an evelope with one of these cards with some kind of wound on it and instructions on how you had to act. Abdominal walking wound, leg fracture litter patient, and obviously KIA. The best one that I ever got was a card saying that I had a laceration to my vagina, I kept that card for the longest time until someone stole it.