509 PIB "PARACHUTE" Tab

Eric Queen

greendevilsix
On 12/9/2016 at 2:36 PM, Gunslinger said:

Tred very nice insignia, however none are even close to the bullion work in post #112 black/silver title.

For reference and direct comparison to the title origin in question

post-161992-0-77438600-1481311984.jpg

post-161992-0-55846300-1481311995.jpg

post-161992-0-84804200-1481312003.jpg

They don't get any closer than that.

I would like to see anyone on the forum to post another Italian Bullion Title with the same materials and bullion work??

CDub

I am not an expert on bullion by any stretch of the imagination not am I trying to wind anyone up however, looking at these two tabs, the wire in both tabs appear to be ever so slightly different.  The wire used in the INDIA COMMAND appears to be a bit thicker and more tightly wrapped leaving not much space between the wraps whereas the PARACHUTE wire has a bit more space between the wraps and does not appear to be as thick.  I might be talking out of my fourth point contact but, just a slight detail I believe I am seeing.  No, I do not have a PARACHUTE Tab and yes, I need one for my collection.

• 6 months later...

There is a lot currently on ebay with the 5th Army and tab with a different type of construction. In the lot is a 3rd Zouves badge which from the hallmarks is not war time but dates to the 1950's.I think this hurt the authenticity of the lot.

Mort

s-l1600-51.jpg

BILL THE PATCH
There is a lot currently on ebay with the 5th Army and tab with a different type of construction. In the lot is a 3rd Zouves badge which from the hallmarks is not war time but dates to the 1950's.I think this hurt the authenticity of the lot.

Mort

s-l1600-51.jpg.a9572ad883bae6b54c29a16de4f05bcd.jpg
The tab looks Like all the felt is gone, just stabilizer left.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk