509 PIB "PARACHUTE" Tab

Eric Queen

A direct answer after having owned 3 509th tabs, no, never seen one even close to that. Also, maybe it's my eye's, but the material used for the two items seem's different, red red blue blue...maybe up close in rest]l time they look better?

Eric I'm not feelin the tab to be honest, they cearly don't look to have been made by the same folks, but aside from that I'm just not sure about the tab bro.

But I hope I'm wrong. Someone who is an expert on these will chime in and say one way or another.

Thanks but not in anyway saying the tab and patch were made by the same people. I think most of these tabs were made separately then paired with existing 5th Army patches. I have never seen a "matching" set myself.

Not claiming the tab is real but I like the look in hand. I could be completely wrong. Would appreciate additional thoughts.

Thanks again.

The tabs and they patches themselves seldom match up.I have never seen this style but there are as many styles of titles as there are makers of them.My first impression is its good but I wish we had feelo vision on these computers.I like the fact that it has a different piece of cloth as a backing most fakes are made through a single cloth.Just my opinion.Scotty PS this group had 3 different ones all from one guy.

img673.jpg

You can all see a tab similar to that on Les Hughes' site. However, that one has "PARACHUTE" stitched in bullion thread and lacks the red backing. Also, the angle of the stitching is different but in the same ballpark I think? As others have said, with the variety encountered in the manufacture of these tabs anything I think is possible - this seems to look that part?

Very best,

Bill K.

post-661-0-73719300-1440882499.jpg

Thanks Bill S., Bill K. and Steve for the comments. I appreciate it. I agree with Bill Scott that the multi-construction element was one of the things I liked about it. For some reason just have a good feeling about it.

Here are a couple more shots

DSC_1931.JPG

Eric -

I certainly am not the expert but happy to offer my small two cents. Heck, I love the 5th Army patch!! Good luck -

Best,

Bill

I have seen this style before and I like it, I think I have a picture of one of these on my work computer - is so I'll share tomorrow

I purchased a nice bullion Italian made 5th Army off of a fellow forum member and searched for a parachute tab to go over it for one year on eBay with no luck so I sold it. What I found, as Scotty said, that few times do the tab and patch match is construction. These are just a few of the examples that I have...it is a pain to shrink the photos so I only did a few. Most of these (with tab) are examples that Scotty has sold.

post-122868-0-41332200-1440940619.jpg