1944-dated White M1936 Pistol Belt

med-dept

Hi,

I recently picked up this 1944-dated M1936 Pistol Belt, and as you can see from the photographs, it is made of white cotton duck, not in a shade of OD as is commonly seen. What are members' thoughts on this belt? I am familiar with the USMC M36 Belts that were discussed a while ago (with brass hardware, and no pouch snap), but this one has the white metal buckles AND the pouch snap. As you can see from the photographs, although there remains some evidence of manufacturer's name and date, there doesn't appear to be (or have ever been) a "U.S." device applied:

post-2299-0-99312100-1440708119.jpg

post-2299-0-11862400-1440708121.jpg

post-2299-0-16319100-1440708122.jpg

Sorry for the poor photographs, they were taken on my iPhone camera, but I can guarantee that in-hand, the Belt is definitely white, and not faded OD. Any thoughts and comments gratefully received!

Thanks,

Ben.

Ben

some place I have a similar belt in construction and buckles.It came in a Navy group with white leggings and SP

armband.Just figured it was a parade or Duty Belt.Mine isnt dated.

I also have an OD belt painted white.came in a WW2 group.

Doyler nailed it, definitely Shore Patrol or Military Police duty belt and a beauty at that. Nice score man! It would be amazing if you could find the whit canvas cover for 45 holster, white mag pouches to complete it!

Ray

Thanks guys. I had assumed that it was an MP or SP belt, but I have to say that this is the first one I've seen that is clearly dated like this. Does anyone else have a dated example in their collection?

Cheers,

Ben.

About 10 years ago I found a bundle of NOS white mag pouches dated 1945. I don't think I kept any.

I'm pretty sure they were Boyt.

TheGrayGhost

I was always under the impression that blackened hardware points to it being Army issue and raw brass hardware was Navy/Marine. These are often tough to date as they are rarely marked, however, you got a great true blue WWII issue belt, nice find!

Thanks for your comments, everyone. To be honest, I had the same opinion about the hardware as well, and the fact that this one was marked made me instantly grab it.

Now I just need to find the M1936 without the pouch snap (so-called "Medic Belt")...

Cheers,

Ben.

TheGrayGhost

Now I just need to find the M1936 without the pouch snap (so-called "Medic Belt")...

I have not heard of this variant, do you have any pics of one?

• 2 weeks later...