Help with leather AAC jacket patch

blademan

Hi,

I just picked this patch up today and wondering if anyone could tell me what it stands for. I assume it is a AAC Jacket patch in leather. Also, does it look period? I was told it came from vets son first hand.

Your help is appreciated in advance.

Blademan

post-215-1170611753.jpg

post-215-1170611818.jpg

• 9 months later...
Johnny Signor
Hi,

I just picked this patch up today and wondering if anyone could tell me what it stands for. I assume it is a AAC Jacket patch in leather. Also, does it look period? I was told it came from vets son first hand.

Your help is appreciated in advance.

Blademan

Hello the patch you have is the emblem for the313th Troop Carrier group,9thAAF and 12th AAF,of the 52nd Troop Carrier Wing WW-2,the "official" version in the USAAF "Group" lineage book has the design on a squared background but as you probably know "Variants were done and I 've seen other unit emblems on varied backgrounds , the colors are right to the emblem ,as to being an original i'm not an expert but to "My' opinion I'd say you got a real one!!! I'm a leather unit patch maker and insignia researcher. i can be reached at [email protected] or at (321) 724-1246NOON-11PM EASTERN Weekdays. Happy Patching!!! Johnny Signor