Unknown USAGY ICM Patches

NorBn

Patchcollector

Did all three of these patches come as a group?The "Ski Mu Gia" is a novelty piece from the Vietnam war.

post-13386-0-53376200-1440519526.jpg

Did all three of these patches come as a group?The "Ski Mu Gia" is a novelty piece from the Vietnam war.

If these are novelty pieces from the Vietnam war is there any chance that these are good ones and not repros? I have asked for a picture of the back of these patches. It's kind of strange that something like this will surface here in Norway

Patchcollector

Thanks for the photos of the back,that helps alot.From what I can see these patches are authentic wartime made pieces.I have never seen repros of these designs and I doubt the fakers would have made something so obscure as these.It is not common to find the authentic VN war era pieces from your area,but it's not unheard of either.I've gotten authentic VN war era patches from a few European countries.

The Ski Mugia Pass patch is interesting.I have never seen that design.It is Thai made.The USAGY ICM pieces I have no clue about.They may be for a civilian contractor.

vintageproductions

The two top USAGY are Korean made, so I would keep the search going with looking for units involved in Korea

• 3 weeks later...

the USAGY ICM is probably US Army Garrison Yongsan (Seoul, Korea), Installation Club Management Office/Section. Probably not really military, but some kind of a morale/welfare base office, which are usually staffed by civilians.