Question: Did USN/USMC used MBU-12 in the the early 1980's?

Rob van Lijf

Rob van Lijf

Dear Member,

I recently bought a HGU-33 Flight Helmet an Oxygen Mask was included but is a MBU-12 (81/82/83).

I am wondering if the USN/USMC did use MBU-12 (or it's an USAF one)? Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Rob.

From what I have always been told and read they sometimes used the mbu-12 but it had to have a amplifier added to the mask/helmet cord to work with their system. If your does not have the large comm block/am7067 and no in line amp, I would say it is an air force mbu12 . Does it have the correct connector on the end of the hose or the single plug?

Rob van Lijf

Dear TLeo (and other members),

In my search I have found the following configuration that is an exact copy of my configuration. I find it a weird configuration:

- MBU-12

- AM-7067/A Amplifier

- MC-3A Connector

It is listed as a MBU-17 (V) 1/P

According to the unit/squadron this oxygen mask was used in a EA-6B. Does someone can conform this configuration and if it was used in the earlier days of MBU-12 (within the USN/USMC)? Man thanks in advance!

Can

post-106715-0-02967300-1440528079.gif

northcoastaero

The USN/USMC would have used the USAF MBU-12/P in the F-5 aircraft and later on the F-16. The USN/USMC did operate some USAF T-38 aircraft also. The USN/USMC used the above mentioned aircraft in the adversary role. Hope this helps.