187th PIR "Rakkasan" Bring Back from Leyte. Japanese Para Helmet

Eric Queen

BILL THE PATCH

Wow, great bring back. Ithe 187th was actually glider regt during war, towards the end of war though they were para- glider. Duel trained. The 188th was its sister regt, which my father was in during war. He never brought anything back Japanese. He just brought himself home. :lol:

I have owned three of these in my collecting years as well as a Tadao Nakata reproduction and that by far is among the neatest ever! As a side note to those that have mentioned great stuff still being out there and found. I had a friend and fellow collector contact me several years ago about a "strange" Japanese helmet that he bought at an antique store for $25.00. In those days we didn't have forums (1990s) so he mailed me some pictures. When they arrived I was stunned, he had a Japanese Navy Para helmet and it was original! I still have the pictures! Beautiful helmet Eric! Scott

I have owned three of these in my collecting years as well as a Tadao Nakata reproduction and that by far is among the neatest ever! As a side note to those that have mentioned great stuff still being out there and found. I had a friend and fellow collector contact me several years ago about a "strange" Japanese helmet that he bought at an antique store for $25.00. In those days we didn't have forums (1990s) so he mailed me some pictures. When they arrived I was stunned, he had a Japanese Navy Para helmet and it was original! I still have the pictures! Beautiful helmet Eric! Scott

Great helmet! A couple of years ago there was a Japanese Naval Paratrooper helmet on ebay. I believe it sold for $20,000

Glad that everyone enjoyed seeing the helmet. I have it displayed with a couple other spoils of war. The M37 came from a vet from Grand Prairie, TX and has an interesting story as well.

DSC_1949.JPG

That m37 is nuts! Lets hear the story on that! I have never seen one that nice.

You know you have a killer collection when the least breathtaking helmet is a camo m38.