Govt. M1911s for sale?

willipr

Between auctions and ammo sales I think they are not hurting.

Be nice to see the 45s come out but Im guessing like the last few times the better things will be auctioned and then there will be those buying as many as they can for resale

Monies have been set aside from sasles for years. CMP is not hurting and will continue to operate for what they were designed to do .long after firearms, ammo sales are long gone

I wouldn't hold my breath on handgun sales by the CMP, unless they go through a state dealer, to comply with state law, as is done here in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. You will never beat the direct sale by the army through the DCM of the sixties... $15.00 plus shipping.. total less than $20.00. I still have mine.

phantomfixer

Tom, that is a true statement...CMP is working on that issue....the pistols will be shipped to a FFL, and then transferred to the owner...at least that is what I am being told...DE is handgun friendly...open carry etc. so should not be a problem...other states there might be issues, I don't know...but CMP has recognized and has addressed it...

am I optimistic, yes, could it fall through sure it could...Hillary could put a halt on the whole deal....But I would really like to see the old guns sold to people who would ensure their safety versus being cut up for scrap metal....

and glad you still have your 15.00 .45 and didnt nickle plate it or give it away to be pawned ....good on ya

Tom, that is a true statement...CMP is working on that issue....the pistols will be shipped to a FFL, and then transferred to the owner...at least that is what I am being told...DE is handgun friendly...open carry etc. so should not be a problem...other states there might be issues, I don't know...but CMP has recognized and has addressed it...

am I optimistic, yes, could it fall through sure it could...Hillary could put a halt on the whole deal....But I would really like to see the old guns sold to people who would ensure their safety versus being cut up for scrap metal....

and glad you still have your 15.00 .45 and didnt nickle plate it or give it away to be pawned ....good on ya

Hillary!!!! :blink: Can you see into the future? Do you know something we don't?

The latest FAQ on the CMP website says that they will NOT be selling the 1911's

That page has not been updated and is old out of date. It has nothing to do with the 1911's that are now being discussed

phantomfixer

Hillary!!!! :blink: Can you see into the future? Do you know something we don't?

I do not have any inside info...however the media has spoken...and I will be moving to Alaska in November...

and if the CMP does start the flow of 1911's....wonder if they will start to get some of the older M9s...

My theory. It comes down to the mighty dollar. If there is money to be made, it will happen. Since there clearly is money to be made, it is going to happen. No proof it will, but looking at the past shows there certainly is a market. And markets will be satisfied. Clearly there is more to consider with pistols. I think those hurdles will be overcome.