New ERDL and unknown camo uniform pieces. What are they?

USCapturephotos

That's generally true, but I have seen some OG-107 fatigue jackets that were specifically designed for female soldiers that had lower pockets only and no upper pockets. I also have a vague recollection of a "maternity BDU" with a similar pattern being issued in the 1980's. Obviously this would fall under the exceptions you listed so I think your general rule is sound. ;)

Yes, very true. The later 1970's version of the women's Hot Weather Utility Shirt moved the breast pockets to the skirt.

post-5617-0-05305900-1441813704.jpg

The woodland camo maternity BDU Coat was similar in appearance, with two skirt pockets and no breast pockets.

post-5617-0-37506400-1441813883.jpg

In the 70's and 80's some of the contractors that made issue items would make items like these for civilian sale between contracts, using patterns the same or close to issue items and leftover cloth and materials.

Military contracts can be spotty with work coming and going demanding on what contract you get. In order to keep their employees in steady work (and keep the skilled ones working there) they would make anything and everything they could sell, even if it was barely a break-even situation or a slight loss, because that was better than having mass layoffs every time a contract ran out.