Some advice guys please

Undertoker

Hi guys, I hope you are all well.

I need some assistance/advice please, I wasnt sure exactly what section to post this, so it's in here anyway.

I recently picked up a lovely 1940's prototype fishtail parka, it is trimmed with wolverine fur.

The parka itself is in lovely condition but sadly the fur is shot and needs replacing.

I want to replace it with the same wolverine fur but it has to be done properly, not hand stiched on or made to look like a pimps jacket.

Ideally I'd like it to look as close as possible to its original look.

Now in the UK I'm really struggling to find anyone who can do this to a decent standard, I don't mind paying good money, but I'd want a good job doing.

Can anyone suggest a place that could do this that's ideally in the UK or at least Europe ?

Is there some sort of restoration company ideally that would do it authentically ?

Thanks in advance

John

Any good shop that does fur coats like ermin or mink could do the job.All hi end furs are hand stitched.Look for a shop run by Russians. They traditionally do nice work with fur.

Good luck

Bob

Thanks for the reply bud

It has to be machines on to look as original as possible as the fur was all, without exception machined on

I've managed to source the fur and a possible for the job as well hopefully

post-34986-0-89295800-1440424181.jpg

Pimp's Jacket, you mean like this?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wit aside, make sure they use Cotton thread and not Poly, one sure way is to bring them your own, any drab green will do, tell them to use this, and the Bobbin as well, top and bottom, they may only use your thread on the top, but use a Poly bobbin of matching color to yours you bring.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh heh

Note taken re the thread, thank you.

I've managed to source a wolverine pelt that is on route to me

I've also managed to find someone to machine it on, so I'll throw some before and after pics when the pelt arrives

Wish me luck