Parachute first aid kit and helmet net

ken88

Hi,

I do have a parachute first aid kit which I display on a helmet. It's a second pattern, which has thinner straps than the first pattern.

Exactly how careful does one need to be with displaying it like this? Because I imagine gravity taking a toll on the straps, although the kit itself isn't that heavy, I do worry about the straps fraying or tearing. The kit already has two looser straps, from when I bought it, so I want to make sure I'm careful. I don't want to end up sewing the straps.

I've though about putting the kit under the net, but the net doesn't reach that far and it looks less attractive like that.

Thanks,

Ken

006.jpg

Personally I would be very careful. You hardly see any of these around anymore and they're going up in price all the time. If it were me I would take the first aid packet off the helmet, I wouldn't want to do any damage to any part of it. You could always attach it to the top of the helmet so it rests near the top.( I've seen this being done in a few period photos) , just so the canvas isn't being strained. I don't see really how else you could really do it.