modern helmet

troubledboy

Hi can any body help me with any info on this helmet MSA ACH Advanced Combat Helmet, 101st AB Afghanistan M VERY RARE multicamGENERATION 11 TBI Traumatic brain injury helmet sensor , would any one have a idea of value and also how many were made , thank you

Can you post pictures of the helmet and label?

Something to think about though; If the 101st Division has it, then so does every other light infantry, Airborne, Guard, and reserve unit. That sort of negates the Rare part of it. The MSA ACH helmet itself was commonly issued. lastly, putting a specific unit to the item, especially one that was famous 75 years ago, kind of makes it suspect or the seller doesn't understand the Regular Army procurement system.

I think the traumatic brain injury sensor might have been a test type of thing so probaby not issued in large numbers and maybe thats the part the seller thinks is rare but im just guessing and not vouching for the helmets rarity or sellers description...mike

Something to think about though; If the 101st Division has it, then so does every other light infantry, Airborne, Guard, and reserve unit. That sort of negates the Rare part of it. The MSA ACH helmet itself was commonly issued. lastly, putting a specific unit to the item, especially one that was famous 75 years ago, kind of makes it suspect or the seller doesn't understand the Regular Army procurement system.

post-150495-0-80599900-1440276712.jpeg

post-150495-0-84047700-1440277105.jpeg

post-150495-0-78408800-1440277146.jpeg

post-150495-0-22308200-1440277393.jpeg

post-150495-0-29832500-1440278092.jpeg

I think the traumatic brain injury sensor might have been a test type of thing so probaby not issued in large numbers and maybe thats the part the seller thinks is rare but im just guessing and not vouching for the helmets rarity or sellers description...mike

This helmet is in the UK , it's real , I saw one sell in the US for $300 , the seller in the UK wants equivalent to $870 , I made a good offer of £300 and he is refusing , apparently there is a so called expert in the UK on US militaria who says there were only 200 made and a value of a 1000 , what's your thoughts

The TBI sensor dates back to 2007-2008 when two types were developed and tested in Afghanistan in 2009. There was a rear exterior mounted version and a smaller interior crown mounted version. This is a Generation II model and is the standard full production model that has been in service since the 2011 period and seen much use. The Gen II has the small USB port seen in the middle for quick download of potential injuries.

BTW this helmet is not an MSA as it has an unpainted interior. Unless the chinstraps were replaced with the standard Blind Industries replacement cotton/ polyester type which it appears it has not, the unpainted interior and cotton/polyester factory type are seen with the SDS/BAE Systems helmet.

Very high. Cover looks brand new and so do the pads. May have the sensor but that might be the only original piece. That price is insane as well.

post-150495-0-47040200-1440321937.jpeg

post-150495-0-20071700-1440321956.jpeg

Good Day - I've been slowly learning about more modern helmets as I pick them up around Bragg. Some real good information here. A question I do have for the OP is what indication do you have that it is a 101st helmet? I may be missing it but I don't see anything in the pictures that indicates unit.

The TBI sensor dates back to 2007-2008 when two types were developed and tested in Afghanistan in 2009. There was a rear exterior mounted version and a smaller interior crown mounted version. This is a Generation II model and is the standard full production model that has been in service since the 2011 period and seen much use. The Gen II has the small USB port seen in the middle for quick download of potential injuries.

BTW this helmet is not an MSA as it has an unpainted interior. Unless the chinstraps were replaced with the standard Blind Industries replacement cotton/ polyester type which it appears it has not, the unpainted interior and cotton/polyester factory type are seen

, this pic is of a different helmet , what is the difference

Good Day - I've been slowly learning about more modern helmets as I pick them up around Bragg. Some real good information here. A question I do have for the OP is what indication do you have that it is a 101st helmet? I may be missing it but I don't see anything in the pictures that indicates unit.

Hi Jeff , the seller claims this , I left that bit In as I did see a genuine 101st one sell with provenance , the seller is in the UK and claims he personally bought it from a guy still serving at Fort Brag , I'm new to this side of collecting so I'm at every ones mercy

It's certainly possible he pulled it out of the Ft Bragg area. Bragg is home to special operation forces (SOF) and the 82d Airborne Division. With that said I have seen and acquired patched helmets from non Bragg units here in Fayetteville/Ft Bragg. Soldiers transfer in and out all the time. My last was a 4th BCT, 4th ID patched multicam helmet. The reality is however that it doesn't appear there is any true provenance on the helmet. My recommendation is this might be one to let pass by. I'd keep looking on here and the forum which is specific to OEF/OIF to obtain what you want with better provenance at a more reasonable price. I'm of the belief that the true pleasure in the hobby is the hunt.

Trust us. Walk away from it. In europe, you will find cheaper ACHs for $200-300 USD (European market value from what I've seen). $900 is ridiculous.

If you want to buy from the US, be aware of the ITAR. Many US sellers won't ship ballistic items overseas for this reason.

Trust us. Walk away from it. In europe, you will find cheaper ACHs for $200-300 USD (European market value from what I've seen). $900 is ridiculous.

If you want to buy from the US, be aware of the ITAR. Many US sellers won't ship ballistic items overseas for this reason.

Thank you