Hanger, Machinegun, M3

robinb

illinigander

Thank you! I never even considered trying a metal box. Also robind, the photo really helps. Have you ever seen TM or FM that shows all the different paniers for the Phillips? Several years ago I bought a pallet of different hangers from Holland, some marked, others not. Finding what they are seems to be a challenge.

Illinigander

In all my years of researching the Phillips Pack Saddle system I have not encountered any manual for it. Many of the weapons manuals have a chapter about the hangers that apply to that weapon. So I have had to collect quite a few manuals to get the big picture.

illinigander

robinb- So I used metal boxes, and as you said it works. I have no excuse but old age for not even thinking of metal boxes. I have spent most of my "box time" looking for Colt-Vickers boxes as that is the issued gun of the 33rd Div. during WW1. With the ammo & gun cart that equals 21 boxes. I did find that the metal can with no top handle, that has the side "window-lock" turn buckles is a little too long for the M-17 holder. At some point will try and learn to send photos.

illinigander

That can that didn't work for you was made for armored vehicles. It holds 300 rounds as opposed to 250 in the M1 can.