Wisconsin Dells DUKWs & a Duck Ride

MWalsh

Those things are hoot to ride on. Did they take you down the steep hill in the woods and show you their safety fence? It is made of Chicken wire and the guy told us they figured it would be good enough to keep them from going over the cliff since if it can stop a chicken, it should be able to stop a DUKW... badabing badaboom. :)

And as a reminder, and as a shameless plug for a prior thread I did on one of the DUKW graveyards a few years ago, here is a link to that old thread, for those who may not have ever seen it.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/135618-graveyard-of-dukws/?hl=+dells +graveyard

The graveyard pictured is from the place my last pictures show, the place that has the cheesy DUKW displayed.

Those things are hoot to ride on. Did they take you down the steep hill in the woods and show you their safety fence? It is made of Chicken wire and the guy told us they figured it would be good enough to keep them from going over the cliff since if it can stop a chicken, it should be able to stop a DUKW... badabing badaboom. :)

Yes sir they did!

It was a hoot, for sure! My only regret us that I didn't do it years ago!

That looks like fun! On the "period correct" one I guess it's better that they have modern ammo cans exposed than exposing WW2 cans to Wisconsin winters but still you'd think they would cover up the 2000 lot number on the 50's. Oh well, I bet less than 5% of the people riding would ever know the difference.

I live about 30 minutes from the Dells and the Ducks have always been one of the highlight attractions in the area. I've been on the tours and often have dreamed about-how could I get my hands on one of those in the graveyard? I tell the wife when I retire, I'm going to work summers in the Dells and be a duck driver/tour guide.