Box o' EGA's

Eric Queen

I noticed that Bob has one of the Patrol Jacket emblems for sale on his site right now. Just an FYI. I don't recall ever seeing one for sale before.

Fair price, surprised it hadn't sold. People will spend that on a French made WWI collar EGA while this is far scarcer

• 1 month later...
Schnicklfritz

The Cap size EGA in post #20 is interesting. Has characteristics of different periods. Late 1800's style eagle, no rhombus line, the globe almost looks like it has hatching between the longitude lines....

I am surprised everyone is overlooking a never seen hat variation in #13 and #14, while unfinished, is a Tiffany pattern. The shako shield is real stock (has correct 4 prong loop backing) but has had a Bannerman EGA added for surplus resale.

Mike

Wow this is great posting, a lot of informative information and the EGA are beautiful Eric. Also nice you and your father have some great memories buying these items together!

Leatherneck72

I've owned and sold two sets of the patrol coat emblems. They are around, but yes, scarce.

I think my brother has owned a few sets as well.

I've owned and sold two sets of the patrol coat emblems. They are around, but yes, scarce.

I think my brother has owned a few sets as well.

I think I've seen 3 or 4 pairs over the years, and a couple singles, unless my wife bought my set off you years ago, then that lowers the number