11th Airborne Bullion Patch German or Japanese

Wedgehead30

Picked this patch up over the weekend. It's a little rough, looks to have been sewn onto a uniform at some point. I've looked through several threads and examples but I'm still not sure if this is Japanese or German made (?)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Scott

post-124172-0-09756100-1439837547.jpgpost-124172-0-38138300-1439837548.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

I think it's a repo put out during the 80's I could very well be wrong. I had some air corp patches with same back. Told him in England made them during 80's. Let wait for others to chime in

X_redcatcher

I agree, looks like on the of the ealry 80's copies that The Cav Store sold for 5 bucks each, I had the whole set. You see them now after 30 years of age on them for sale as real.

X_redcatcher

The OP has put this patch up for sale on ebay as a German or Japanese made example. Got to love it when people come in here to find out what items are to put them on Ebay. Whatever.

The OP has put this patch up for sale on ebay as a German or Japanese made example. Got to love it when people come in here to find out what items are to put them on Ebay. Whatever.

It's one thing to come on the forum to find out what it is. Another to conveniently dance around the facts with this description - "I'm not sure on the exact manufacture of this patch. Possibly German or Japanese made when the 11th was on occupation duty."

How about, "in all likelihood this is a fake."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Post-WW2-Occupation-US-Army-11th-Airborne-Bullion-Patch-/331632217649?hash=item4d36d20e31

Yes I did list it on ebay and it is listed as what I believe to be a theater made patch. This is based on hands on examinations from local collectors. They have differing opinions as to Japanese or German. It also has stitching holes which could be an indication of being on a uniform or for that matter a patch blanket. Three different opinons, I chose to defer to the in person assesments. Even though they differ.

As far as I know asking for opinions on this forum is an allowed practice regardless of the reason. Even if I ultimately decide not to agree with said assesments.

Patchcollector

You can agree or disagree with any opinions given on any forum but that does not alter the fact that the patch is a repro.Scotty

I have no desire to misrepresent any of my items or give the impression of knowingly misrepresenting. Given the overwhelming opinion as to the authenticity of the patch I have removed it from sale and informed the high bidder. I appreciate all of the opinions offered.

"Hello B***, I have strong reason to doubt the authenticity of this patch as it is stated in the description. I have no desire to misrepresent any of my items. I appreciate your bid but I have removed the item from sale."

Thanks,

Scott