Any vintage WWII rifle and pistol shooters in Birmingham, AL?

tsellati

I am moving from Saranac Lake, NY to the Birmingham, AL area for my work. I am wondering whether any board members live in and around Birmingham and can offer suggestions on what club I can join to do outdoor high powered rifle shooting out beyond 100 yards (if available). I also shoot pistol, not competition, and prefer to do so on tactical pistol ranges, or at least at relatively close distances ranging from 1 out to 7 - 15 yards.
Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Tim

Tim,

Boy, are you in for some culture shock! But, you'll quickly find more in common (past surface differences) than the stereotypes would have one believe. I'm not from Birmingham, but the BEST facility you'll find is the new CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park, about 2ish hours east of BHM, off I20. http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladega-marksmanship-park/ That's a phenomenal facility, and should be able to put you in touch with a more local group(s).

Best of luck,

Steve

Tim,

Boy, are you in for some culture shock! But, you'll quickly find more in common (past surface differences) than the stereotypes would have one believe. I'm not from Birmingham, but the BEST facility you'll find is the new CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park, about 2ish hours east of BHM, off I20. http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladega-marksmanship-park/ That's a phenomenal facility, and should be able to put you in touch with a more local group(s).

Best of luck,

Steve

Steve,

I will give them a call and see whether there are any places closer to where I will be living.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tim

Boy are you in for a culture shock....

Ronnie

It certainly will be an interesting transition, however, having spent so much of my life in the NE it is a change I am really looking forward to.

Tim

The iced tea is really sweet........

Yes, I had some while interviewing for the position I was offered - I definitely am a fan of the Southern version :D .

Tim

I wish you the best of luck.

Ronnie

Thanks. I think I found a really decent place called F.O.P. Range not far from the house we will be buying. It's about 30 minutes from home. Not the 6 minutes from home of my current range, but it looks like it is much more nicely equipped.

Tim