Military Men who Resemble Celebrities

world war I nerd

I had this book on the Panzerwaffe long time ago, a photo in it showed a Panther Crew, in Russia I suppose, sleeping under the tank, one of them looked like me :lol:

post-34986-0-58921000-1572928036.jpg

• 1 month later...

First, I'll say that it is obvious that the woman in the photo is NOT a man and thus, doesn't really fit the category, but I would imagine that it is tough to find a lot of military women who resemble celebrities! When I saw this WWII Signal Corps photo of an Army Nurse in Normandy, I was struck by how much I though that she looks like Sandra Bullock. So, I'll let you all decide.

Allan

post-151-0-70666200-1577729888.jpg

post-151-0-41673000-1577729898.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Raymond Massey.

Canadian Army veteran(Lt) of WW1 wounded in 1916, Battle of Mont Sorrel. WW2. Wounded as a major and discharged in '43.

Do not know the officer pictured.

BILL THE PATCH

Hmm, that it'll work too. Keitel and Lewis.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Try a shot of Lewis playing butcher bill from gangs of NY, it really looks like him.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Raymond Massey.

Canadian Army veteran(Lt) of WW1 wounded in 1916, Battle of Mont Sorrel. WW2. Wounded as a major and discharged in '43.

Do not know the officer pictured.

Well done in IDing that great character actor from the Golden Age of Hollywood, Raymond Massey, and thanks for noting his distinguished WWI service. Here is the bio of the officer pictured, Commodore Donald W. "Schlitz" Loomis, USN, of Miwaukee. During WWI he was an ensign aboard the USS San Diego (ex-California) when she was sunk off Long Island after hitting a U-Boat laid mine, the only USN capital ship lost during the war. In 1926-27 he was the real life "Ensign Bordelles" in that he was the X.O. of the gunboat USS Palos of the Yangtze Patrol, the gunboat at Changsha south of Tungting lake (the homeport of fictional "USS San Pablo") that actually evacuated the US consul and other US citizens in April 1927 following the Nanking Incident of March 1927, which was the catalyst in the novel and movie "The Sand Pebbles" for San Pablo's rescue mission to the "China Light Mission" at Paoshan on the Chien River off Tungting (Dongting) Lake. Anchors aweigh.

https://www.history.navy.mil/research/library/research-guides/modern-biographical-files-ndl/modern-bios-l/loomis-donald-w.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
world war I nerd

I've been sitting on this look-a-like for a couple of months now, but couldn't find the time to resize the images and post them. Today's the day though.

Anyway, I think I found a WW I era soldier who's visage somewhat resembles that of Jim Neighbors, aka Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.

Now somebody needs to find a Frank Sutton, aka Sergeant Carter look-a-like.

post-5143-0-63046600-1585609661_thumb.jpg

post-5143-0-83702900-1585609681_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
world war I nerd

The facial features of this soldier's tinted face stationed at Field Hospital No. 4 in the Philippine Islands circa 1917, almost don't fail to look like those of the facial features that belong to the lead singer of Maroon 5, aka Adam Levine.

post-5143-0-47091200-1587167067.jpg

post-5143-0-85165700-1587167090.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...