Military Men who Resemble Celebrities

world war I nerd

I know a guy who's a dead ringer for John Young, who commanded Apollo 16 and the first space shuttle flight, STS-1. He swears he gets people all the time asking if he's the astronaut, but I really doubt that, as only dedicated space fans would have a clue what the real man looks like anyway. And really, once you get to a certain age, people start looking generic...

Funny :lol:

Say where is this, where these guys are from, in Red China itself?

yes, they're from China, Mao is thought of as a great hero / leader over there

world war I nerd

This sailor's image taken at Vera Cruz, Mexico in 1914, because of its poor quality is perhaps not the greatest likeness, but it's close nough to warrant posting.

The celebrety he somewhat resembles is a well established American character actor, but he's not exactly a household name. His face however, should certainly be familiar enough as he's appeared in dozens and dozens of TV shows and hollywood films since the 1981.

Here's a hint his name definately has the X-factor ... Anybody know who he is?

post-5143-0-55465700-1469414400.jpg

world war I nerd

12th Engineer, that's the guy, but you got to come up with his name.

His first name is a shortened version of "Alexander", but it's not the one you'd expect.

• 2 weeks later...
world war I nerd

This quasi look-a-like is a far cry from an exact match, but there's enough of a resemblance to warrant posting the images.

Once again this WW I Doughboy resembles a famous person who is an American comedian, actor, writer, director & producer. Oh yeah, he also starred in a sitcom that ran from 1989 to 1998, in which he portrasyed a semi-fictional version of himself.

Does anybody know who he is?

post-5143-0-94457200-1470494110_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

Even though that was an easy one, 72psb hit the nail right on the head with Jerry Seinfeld.

Since nobody's actually named the soldier/celeberity look-a-like in post number 106, I'll reveal his identity ... He's Xander Berkley.

Even though that was an easy one, 72psb hit the nail right on the head with Jerry Seinfeld.

Since nobody's actually named the soldier/celeberity look-a-like in post number 106, I'll reveal his identity ... He's Xander Berkley.

Oh yeah, I remember him with Tom Hanks in the movie Volunteers the 60s period set comedy about the Peace Corps, Thailand/Vietnam......and the CIA :D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteers_(film)

• 2 weeks later...
world war I nerd

Lt. herbert A. dargue of the 1st Aero Squadron would look more like the celeberety to his right if that celeberity had bothered to shave and squint when his this photo was taken of him!

Who is the British actor-celeberity who became a household name here in America after he was cast as a cranky, sarcastic, know it all M.D. on a long running, multi-award winning, hit TV program here in the states?

post-5143-0-26186300-1471496564_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Here is a Marine who I always think looks like a young Ed Harris (actor from The Rock, Enemy at the Gates, A Beautiful Mind, The Truman Show, etc.)

post-133515-0-94682700-1471552848_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

And WWINerd, an answer to a few posts ago, it's Xander Berkley, the backstabbing secret service agent on Harrison Ford's Air Force One (:

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Disregard my last, I saw you already revealed his name haha I should read through all the posts before posting more!

world war I nerd

Nice job, once again 72psb ... you got another, albeit an easy one!

SgtMaddoxUSMC, congrats on at least knowing that the celeberety in post no. 106 was Xander Berkley. I'm surprised that no one figured out his name, especially after I dropped two hints.

This is fun. found another USMF posted photo of a Serviceman celebrity look alike, this one from WWII Couples Topic in Photos.

A Gabriel Byrne look alike.

post-34986-0-30326100-1472265055_thumb.jpgpost-34986-0-65912900-1472265040_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

This probably isn't the best soldier - celebrity look-a-like on this thread, but it's certainly better than the, ahem ... helmet wearing Richard Widmark look-alike in post number 119!

Anyway, this WW I soldier from the 20th Engineer Regiment does bear a certain resemblance to one of today's top action movie film stars. Who is he (the actor, not the soldier)?

Here's a hint: movie goers often Marvel at this Aussie's superhero-like abilities.

post-5143-0-59885800-1472440413_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

You got it once again 72psb - Hugh Jackman it is.

Sorry if the last few have been too easy.

I'd like them to be a bit more difficult or more obscure as well, but all I can do is post whatever look-a-like comes along ...

Now when I look at the above photo of the WW I Hugh Jackman-esq clone; this time around he struck me as looking more like what a love child spawned by Hugh Jackman and Tony Randal would have looked like. That is, if such a thing were possible ...