USMCWR HBT CAP

Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

I remember my mother talking about these herringbone twill caps. She said the girls didn't much care for the winter and summer service hats they had to wear but liked the "dungarees" which were comfortable to wear and those HBT caps. I'd been looking for one for a long time when I saw one listed on ebay last week. So I posted a $20 bid....and won it. I was prepared for it being some cheap foreign made copy but what I got in the mail was a right as rain original complete with P1936 enlisted EGA.

I'll post pics ASAP.

Greg

very nice greg..can you send it over here mate to match the womens hbt jacket i just picked up today..found at a local meet for £40..not bad..will post pic if you would like to see..joe

Greg Robinson
very nice greg..can you send it over here mate to match the womens hbt jacket i just picked up today..found at a local meet for £40..not bad..will post pic if you would like to see..joe

Hey Joe

YEAH...I would like to see that. Mother raved about those dungarees and after the war she brought home a couple sets of men's version for her father. I'm familiar with how the men's dungarees looked but not the women's.

Greg