Vietnam War Lizard pattern repo

mobilestrikeforce

Bonjour,

As for myself NO! This reenactor wears a TAP 47/52 copy uniform worn sometime in country by former vietnamese members of the french era airborne forces. It was a mark of their two wars veterans status. You could still observe these jackets during Lam Son 719. According to period pics, these vietnmese veterans worn jackets but I never seen full sets used during the second VN war. It appears that some advisors worn this kind of jackets (TAP 47/53) as party shirts and really scarcely in the field during the early years. The combat patch shows a previous tour with the 173rd, (start of the Bde tour in VN in 1965). With his time spent in the 173rd and advisor course back home, you could give imagine a new tour in the early of 1967. At the team 162, it appears that we can observe an uniform standardisation among the advisors.

It was my 2cts!

Cheers

Valery

mobilestrikeforce

The Lizard repo uniform is like this. The jacket is in advisor type. I think it was Japanese repo in many years ago.

post-3728-1218242198.jpg

The Lizard repo uniform is like this. The jacket is in advisor type. I think it was Japanese repo in many years ago.

100 bonus points for imagination! Coming from Japan would explain a lot. Please do not let anyone think I am picking on Japanese reenactors as a whole... I've seen photos of some really excellent impressions from over there.

But I've also seen stuff like this. Some of the uniforms are pretty fantastic but totally without historical precedent. And the same individuals just do not seem to know where to stop... like adding an US Army blue and white Airborne tab on top of the Vietnamese Airborne shoulder patch. I don't believe that is correct. I am not sure if this is just enthusiastic embellishment or an incomplete reading of history. Either way it is enough to make an experienced collector wince, let alone a veteran.

Of course, we will say all of this and someone will come up with a photo of an American GI wearing a French camo jacket!