WW2 USMC M1941 Knapsack Maker?

USMCman01

I found this knapsack at a flea market and wondered what the maker was. It is unmarked and can't be depot made because it doesn't have square metal tabs on the straps. Any ideas?

post-154969-0-65702300-1439164009.jpg

post-154969-0-76798400-1439164018.jpg

I am 99.999% certain that your "roll throat" (sometimes called "p44" style) knapsack was made by BOYT. They definitely made the haversacks of this type that were marked in typical Boyt fashion, ie "USMC/BOYT/1944 or 1945" in three lines. For some unknown reason Boyt chose not to mark any accompanying knapsacks at all. I cannot remember ever having seen a knapsack of this pattern marked as being from Boyt. All seem to be as the one you show. Whether this was deliberate or just a manufacturing goof is anybody's guess.

Respectfully

"Bagman"

I am 99.999% certain that your "roll throat" (sometimes called "p44" style) knapsack was made by BOYT. They definitely made the haversacks of this type that were marked in typical Boyt fashion, ie "USMC/BOYT/1944 or 1945" in three lines. For some unknown reason Boyt chose not to mark any accompanying knapsacks at all. I cannot remember ever having seen a knapsack of this pattern marked as being from Boyt. All seem to be as the one you show. Whether this was deliberate or just a manufacturing goof is anybody's guess.

Respectfully

"Bagman"

Thanks. That is what I was suspecting in the respects I have never seen a boyt marked one either. They are also commonly paired with other boyt packs.

Schnicklfritz

I would also have to say a Boyt manufactured lower pack. The majority of the depot made bags also exhibit some sloppy stitching and the color variations are wild between the tape and the canvas used for the pack.